Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I'm putting my Bugeye dash together and found that I don't have the correct choke cable assembly and knob. I have an assembly from a later MG that's large with a 4 bladed fan and lock on the face. Can anyone help me out?
thanks, Rut
Don't have a spare stock cable but want to mention that the stock cable does not have a lock on it like the cable you now have. May not look correct but you will appreciate being able to lock the "mixture enrichaner" on while the engine is warming up.
Kurt and Ray,
Thanks for the help! I have 2 different style knobs/cables that twist to lock, 1 with the knob in my first post and a T handled assembly that also twists to lock. Kurt, your point about the original non-locking feature doesn't concern me that much, but I may be able to make a hybrid assembly that locks. Ray, I can definitely use your restored spare!
Thanks, Rut
Ray, that's perfect! Please let me know what you want and method of payment.
Thanks, Rut
Also looking for a Bugeye fuel gauge, mine is for a MK2 Sprite.
Out of curiosity, do those early choke cables have the "twist-lock" built in? I was wondering if the similar early MGB cables could be used. I believe early MGB cables have the twist-lock and the simple letter "C" while later ones had the "T" handle profile. Very late ones had that "fan" icon on them as if they were for the heater controls or something.
Ray,
I'll be out of town for the next week and have limited access to the forum and email. Please let me know what I owe for the fuel gauge and choke assembly and I think you have my current address. I'll mail/paypal the amount next Friday if that's ok.
Thanks, Rut
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.