• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Chicago's 13th Annual all British Car Swap Meet...

198686d

Jedi Trainee
...just wondered if any of you have attended this. If so, I would like to learn how your experience was and/or if you have any tips about attending.

Thanks,

dave in University City, MO

61 AH BE Sprite
04 Mini Cooper S
Vespa ET4(?)

Country flag
WHEATON, ILLINOIS
February 22, 2009
Chicago’s 13th Annual All British Car Swap & Auto Jumble
Hosted by: The Chicagoland MG Club
Web: https://www.britishcarswap.info

I'll be going. It's in my back yard. If I had known sooner, I'd have offered to set up a BCF table or booth......

OP

198686d

Jedi Trainee
Peter: A mini MK 1 & a Jaguar Mk 1. wow. I'll be there. Heading up on Friday. Will be wearing a "Sprite" ball cap. Getting there early in the a.m. on Sunday. Hope to run into you.

dave

Country flag
Dave, you have a PM. :smile:

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I think I am making last minute plans to run up there, it is about 500 miles for me, but going to get a couple other guys drive down Saturday night, sleep in car, drive back Sunday night, don't know what I will be wearing but I'll be the guy looking tired but happy--never been before but really sounds great. Like ebay, but you can touch feel and negotiate.

Greg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
glemon said:
don't know what I will be wearing but I'll be the guy looking tired but happy--

I'm sure you'll stand out and be instantly recognizable. (unlike every other tired & happy person there) :lol:

Get to the swap meet early. The good stuff goes fast. I will be there at the Austin-Healey Club table selling my artwork. This is a great event and it just gets better every year. Last year I scored a beautiful bugeye grill for only $30.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Personal Message, look up top to this page or other pages on the forum, where it says my stuff it should be blinking or something, click on it and you will get the message.

OP

198686d

Jedi Trainee
glemon said:
Personal Message, look up top to this page or other pages on the forum, where it says my stuff it should be blinking or something, click on it and you will get the message.

Thanks. I've got it.

Country flag
Anyone who makes it to the swap meet, I'll be EASY to find. I am going with my foster son. :smile: You'll know it's us by remembering the song "Ebony and Ivory"! If I get a chance, I'll stop by the mall on Sat and get bright colored hats with BCF on them for both of us!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Changing the subject slightly - why when I click on the link on your signature do I get nothing?

Country flag
Ahh...thanks for that! :smile: On the left there is a box with "My Classic Boats Adventure" "My Jaguar Adventure" and "My Mini Adventure". Click any one of those to get to the good stuff! :smile: The Mini one is empty right now.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
OK - thanks for that except now I'm really frustrated, cool pics and no story?! (except for the descriptions)

G

I'll be there. It's a good look and laugh session like last year. I have better results on Ebay. Seems the less British car estute one is, the less of of a snob they are. Defenately not enough people getting laid in this world.

Country flag
Ok, my son and I have red hats with white fronts (it was all I could find!) that say:

WWW.
BRITISHCARFORUM
.COM

See you all tomorrow!

Somebody bring a camera so we'll have pics to post! :smile: