• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Burt [Bert] Munro - My Hero

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I went to the local library,looking for car books,but came upona book about Bert (his given name was Herbert). I bought the movie "The World's Fastest Indian",but want to read the book before I view it again. He actually came here,to Eureka,on his first trip to the USA.I'vetalked to people who met him - how cool is that? - Doug

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
The man was a mechanical genius! He did things with home made tools and under crude working conditions that would have stopped most people in their tracks. And yes, he's one of my heroes also! I've always admired determination. PJ

ecksj6

Freshman Member
G'day, although I never met the man himself I have met many that have. He was pretty much unknown to the general public here in New Zealand until the movie came out, however he was very well known amongst the motorcycle guys and especially the Indian riders. Having owned an old Indian myself he has always been an icon. His original bike and a similar one of a friend of his were on show in an Invercargil hardware shop for years and likely still are.