Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I use the copper wires as I think you get better contact when using the TR3-TR4 dizzy caps that have a pointy screw to penetrate the wire.
I got a universal 8-cylinder set from a local CarQuest for short money. There was enough wire in there to make 4 or 5 sets of 4-cyl TR wires.
I also use those snap-on 'Champion' caps on the plugs. They screw into the ends of the wire for a solid connection and attach to the plug with a definite snap so you know you have it secure -- yet very easy to unsnap when need be.
Hi Peter Did you say the bumblebee wires are not compatible with Pertronix? Why is that? That's what I'm running now and I'm in the process of tracking down missing at speed by changing SU needles and recurving the dizzy. Are the bumble wires a contibuting factor to my problem?
Karl, I don't have the specifics but ~solid core wires emit some kind of interference that affects the electronic points conversions~.
Probably have it all wrong but ~if you have a Crane or Pertronix points conversion AND are using solid core copper-type wires~, swap out the wires to see if your problem goes away.
We run points with orange Champion solid cores on the 3A. I have a Pertronix conversion for it but haven't had to reason to install it yet.
Hi
I have been using bumblebee wires and pertronix points for over four years and have not had any problems. As I show my TR4 in concourse the judges donot like the Bumblebee wires. I am going to change them out. I have also heard they do not work well with pertronix,
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.