Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I taped it across the top of the tank and up thru the filler hole where it ties into the rear harness, correct? Was just concerned with chafing thru the hole with the filler neck. Have it fastened to keep from moving as best I can.
Had to flip the tank grommet so that the large large flat side was on top, otherwise there filler neck did not extend thru far enough.
Duh! Now I finally see. The wires go across to the back of the tank and thru the clip on the body and up thru hole at the very back. Didn't notice that hole and clip until now. Sheesh..........what a dummny.
If I install with the flat side down there is not enough of the filler tube above the grommet to get the cap on. Is the lower foam type gasket too thick and keeping the neck from being as high as it should be. Prior post mentioned modifying the grommet.......how was that done?
I have not found my cap to see how it fits. Is the rubber flush with the top of the filler tube? Does anyone have a pic of what it should look like with the cap off?
I had to modify my filler tube to get the clearance I needed as the tank was a questionable quality repop. Filler tube extended 1.5 inch into the tank. Recovered that volume also with a Dremel and cut off wheel.
Completely adjustable and does not bind in the hole. Install tank, then gasket with a little dish soap then the filler tube. Adjust to your requirements.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.