• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

British Invasion of Stowe

OP
DART

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Rich- John Carey in the Boston area used to work on SP's and had a huge supply. He's been selling it off on eBay the last couple of years. There are 2 or 3 shops in England specializing in SP restoration, and they are the best source now. Because Jag produced a large quantity -relatively speaking- of engines, those parts are much easier to acquire. But...a restoration will take 2 or 3 times as long as would one for an MG or TR.

tk421

hutten said:
Craig, Nice Jag!! I had an 05 XKR and was fairly active in the South Central region. Nice driving cars!

I liked that generation of the XK. They still have them for sale as used at the local Jag dealer. They really look good in black, green and red.

hutten

Dale and TK,
My bags arrived in NH today via UPS!! Counting the days to I am back to New England. Look forward to nice ales and cooler weather up in Stowe!!!

Cheers Rich

OP
DART

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Great, Rich. We're going to the vintage weekend at the Glen starting the 6th and then on to Stowe by the 13th. Haven't decided whether to do the organized drives Thurs &/or Fri. WX is major factor, if it's nice we'll prob'ly do both. Our national Daimler gathering is the same weekend as Stowe in '13, so we want to make the most of this year's visit. :thirsty: :driving:

OP
DART

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Take another look at Sat. I'm presently at Sugarbush and today was perfect. Tomorrow promises to be the same. We're coming up tomorrow and will probably do an afternoon drive over to the lake. Leaves here just starting to turn in the tops of the trees. Wish I knew somewhere in the lower 48 we could live that had this WX for 8-10 months of the year. Hope to see you!

60TR3A

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I'll be showing my '63 AH 3000 BJ7 so please stop by and say Hi.
Jeff
IMG_0994.jpg

60TR3A

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I had a great time and am pleased to announce that my car was voted Best In Class for all roll-up window AH 3000s (BJ7 & BJ8) in the People's Choice Awards. Several knowledgeable Healey guys encouraged me to do some small tweaks and enter mine in the Concours event next year, so I'm pretty stoked!

hutten

Dale,
The weather was so beautiful, I just assumed you would take advantage of all the tours. I did see a white one. It was really a hectic weekend!

Next year, haha!
Rich