• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

British Invasion of Stowe

tk421

does anyone know if there will be a delay or cancellation this year? from what I'm reading, stowe isn't a catastrophe from the storm.

hutten

I have received numerous text messages from Stowe. Stowe is un affected by the storm.

Routes 89 and 100 to Stowe are also fine. From the messages I have receive. Stowe is ready to go!!

Cheers Rich

OP
DART

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Rich- have had to cancel, daughter expecting twins anytime now(in Portland, OR) so we're not leaving home til the grandkids are born. Emails from organizers indicate all is OK there. Friends in Sugarbush say was not as bad up that way as it was in lower VT. We were at British Marque Car Club News Triathlon in ME for Irene and just had a little rain with the wind. Hope all have a fun, safe time. See you next year!

hutten

Hey Dale,

How that baby turn out?
It is an early spring out here in Kansas record or near record 80 plus degrees all week.

Breaking out the cars and starting to make plans for the driving season, including Stow in September.

Hope all is well with you and your family!

Cheers Rich

OP
DART

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Hey Rich- same temps here. Had the SP out yesterday & today. Going to drive to Portland to see the twins next month, never have done a x-country drive. Doing it in our 4-runner; going to hit as many scenic places as possible. Figure about 10 days each way and 2 weeks or so in Portland. Wish gas prices were going the other way!!! We have Stowe on the schedule again, will likely trailer the SP. We also have a Daimler meet in Niagara On The Lake, Ont. in August, so lots of time up North this year. Celebrating the 200th aniv. of War of 1812. Look forward to seeing you in VT!

tk421

When does registration start for 2012? I'm thinking about entering my Jag this year. It will be my first car show actually entering a car.

tk421

DART said:
As I recall, registration opens sometime early May. I start checking the website -britishinvasion.com sometime the first week . Hope you can make it.

Thanks, and so do I.

tk421

So I have everything planned out for going to Stowe this year. Got the hotel picked, going to mail the registration, and I won't need to skip any college classes for the show. But, this will be my 1st time as a participant, and having my car in the show. I went last year as General Admission, and I enjoyed the show a lot. I'll be registered for the Concours d'Elegance.

But, I have some questions about entering a Concours show and a car show in general. I don't think I can do a practice show either, because most of the shows in my area are for much older (25yrs old +) cars. So, is there anything special I need to know? I know Concours is based on authenticity and how close to OEM the car is. What about washing/waxing/polishing the car during the show?

Any help will be appreciated, and I am very excited about all the washing, waxing, polishing, leather cleaning, and vacuuming.

OP
DART

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Saw your post in the Pub; figured better to respond here. I have always just entered the regular show at Stowe, but a friend entered concourse with his SP and got a fairly high score. His car was far from stock, but since few judges have seen one in original form he got away with it. British Invasion is a good time no matter where you are on the field. It is a grass and dirt situation, so plan on doing clean-up after arrival. Especially undercarriage where grass bits try to hide. Engine bay is also critical.
As time gets closer, post where you will be staying and perhaps we BCF'rs can get together to hoist a couple in Basil's honor.

Friends from my driving club are asking us to go to the Glen the weekend before Stowe; I think we will so we will arrive Stowe Thurs. at the latest. Lots of great roads to wander around!!!

And I can't believe I started this post 3 years ago.

tk421

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that the show would allow you to clean the car up after getting there. I'm just going to drive my Jag up to VT from RI, so I would either need to be able to touch it up again upon arrival Friday or sleep in Stowe Thursday night and then clean it in the morning.

And hey, why kill a good thread? :thumbsup:

hutten

Just booked my travel and room at the Grey Fox Inn. Where are you staying? I'll look for you and your Jag on the field. I would suggest you just have good time and a few beers.

I'll be staying in NH Thursday night and drivng up to Stowe early Friday morning, arriving for lunch and ales at thr English Inn by noon..
Cheers
Rich

tk421

10 Acres Lodge in Stowe, about 4 miles from Weeks Hill Road. I'm going to be driving up from RI Friday morning at 3:45 or 4, so I'll probably get to Stowe at around 9am. That'll give me some time to wipe off the bugs, grass and mud.

It'll be good to know some people when I get up there :cheers:.

OP
DART

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Nice! I have lusted after a VDP version so I could have a sedan with the Daimler fluted grill to match my SP. Sent my registration in today and called Ye Olde to make sure they had my room res. There used to be a tour/drive to the lake with lunch on Thurs., will sign up for it if I can find it on the website. Coming over from the Watkins Glen activities the previous weekend, we'll be in Stowe at least a day earlier than usual. :cheers:

hutten

Craig, Nice Jag!! I had an 05 XKR and was fairly active in the South Central region. Nice driving cars!

Dale, I was talking to a British tech to other day. He asked where you locate parts for your SP250??

Cheers Rich :thirsty: