Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I'd like to DIY a front mount for the fiberglass front end we have.
I've seen various kits for around $150 however I always like doing things myself whenever possible.
So - is there a simple way to do this?
Yep
Let me get some pics this weekend. But my speedwell bonnet came attached to a midget tub via some wooden door hinges and a theaded rod. The rod went though the front frame rail and then through the 1/2 hinge. The hinge was bolted to the lower portion of the valence.
Paul
If you have some links to other methods I would sure like to know as I have the bonnet almost ready for paint and want to use the best possible method to attach it.
Some one used the rubber blocks that mount a spridget sway bar as a hinge point.
That is they just use the blocks and bracket mounted to the bonnet.
Such a mount would eliminate any rattleing.
Had a BE that had homemade brackets bolted to the bumper mount holes on the frame and a rod running thru the normal BE front end latch rod holes. Worked very well.
Take a look at Gerard's Web Site. Blueprints are there for Front Tilt Bracket Set you can easily make and likely modify to fit a SWA Bonnet. I use SS Draw Latches from the McMaster Carr Catalog. Easier to fit than Spitfire Latches 2 small screwholes.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.