Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
My TR6 had the bonnet release cable routed under the dash.
My friends has it routed through the firewall and then across the engine bay.
Which is correct?
It goes thru the firewall and across.
You should consider making or buying an emergency release. They mount on the right side of the car with the cable or rod directly under the hood catch. It is so much easier to use that I don't use the original release.
You will find instructions here; https://mywebpages.comcast.net/rhodes/bonnet_release.pdf
Thanks guys
The PO had installed a cable release on the right side and wasn't using the original left side. I have the taken the left side all apart and checked it and lube it and it works. I was going to add the extra right side as a back up.
That lever set up looks like a slick set up. I think I'll make one.
Well done, Ray. I didn't have my car but a few weeks
when I learned what happens when that cable fails.
Drilled two holes into the firewall and played
for what seemed an eternity before I could pop the
bonnet again. Didn't know of the Forum at that time.
Might be an easier way.
I installed a new latch mechanism and cables. The new
release cable works maybe one in 20 tries. My Macy
emergency functions maybe 1 in 5 tries because the
aftermarket latch is somewhat different from the OEM.
I installed a third release mechanism as final fall back.
The new release cable works maybe one in 20 tries. My Macy emergency functions maybe 1 in 5 tries because the aftermarket latch is somewhat different from the OEM.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.