• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BN-7 Price

OP
V

Vaark01

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Gentlemen,

I really appreciate all your excellent comments and advice as I look to buy a BN7.

There is a new one on EBay (red) for $44K. What do you think about the car? Owner says he has $90K in restoration receipts.

Thanks again.

Paul

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Vaark01 said:
Gentlemen,

I really appreciate all your excellent comments and advice as I look to buy a BN7.

There is a new one VIN: HBN7L5918 | See the full History Report on EBay (red) for $44K. What do you think about the car?

:savewave:
Well if I was going to spend those kind of $$ for that model Healey I would not look any farther. Course that is me and I am hooked on em red cars---Fwiw--Keoke-- :laugh:

Owner says he has $90K in restoration receipts
. I believe it :hammer:

Thanks again.

Paul

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
you can do alot better! 50 grand for a two seater with a bad transmission! no way! take a look at the picture that shows the dirty front wheel well's. i would love to see the under side of this 50 grand car! it better be as clean as the top side! and that motor bay had better be spotless and correct with a newly rebuilt motor and drive train as well! even then 50 grand is too much for a bn4 in this economy.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
NAA--This car-1960 Rare Austin Healey 3000 Mark I BN-7 Convertible on E-Bay Does not have any of those problems-Go take alook and it is under 50 K--Keoke-- :wink:

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
50,000 is way too expensive for that car. It's nothing special from what we can see from the few pics. The wheel arches don't appear to be same colour as the car and the colour of the car is not Healey Blue. Looks solid, maybe even quite good, but not 50,000

In my mind there are two markets at present for Healeys(and other good marques.) Top dollar is being paid for very special cars by people with cash who are investing in cars instead of leaving the money in the bank to earn next to nothing. Those prices can be high, too high in my opinion.

The other market is the normal car enthusiast who isn't flushed with money. I have been monitoring several classic car for sale sites for the last 18 months and prices for 'normal/good/even excellant cars haven't risen, plus the higher priced cars can stick around for a year without being sold.

My advice is shop around, see as many cars as you can, don't buy from dealers and get lots of advice from your local Healey club.

OP
V

Vaark01

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Gentlemen,

I hope to go look and drive the red Healey next week. I wish it didn't have the fender mirrors, but I hope I can simply replace them with Lucas types.

As for my intentions with this car, I have a '62 TR-3B that I drive every weekend as long as the roads are dry. It also always wins first place in class at the two big British car shows in Northern Virginia. It is a great car to drive, but I have loved the sound of a 6-cylinder Healey for the past 35 years.

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it. I'll let you know what I think of the red Healey. I also hope to go look at the black and red Healey in Philly soon.

Paul

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Paul

Good luck with the search. Just had another look at the blue car photos and I guess it is Healey Blue metallic. When I first looked it seemed that it looked to be painted a non-metallic bluey grey.

Small point but the seats should be dark blue piped with white. It probably is a pretty good car but too expensive at 50,000

OP
V

Vaark01

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Gentlemen,

Does anyone live near Lancaster,PA. There is a red BN7 listed on Ebay from there that I am going to try to go look at next week. I would appreciate your advice on that car if you live close by.

Thanks.

Paul

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I hope to go look and drive the red Healey next week. I wish it didn't have the fender mirrors, but I hope I can simply replace them with Lucas types

:nonono:

:nonod:

Yes you can replace them but at significant cost.

Those bullet type mirrors do not move around on the fender at speed

and they are less of a canidate to get accidentally broken off or
simply repositioned requiring that you reset them just about every
time you want to drive the car.---Fwiw-Keoke- :yesnod: