Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Fortunately I don't think I need one. Having some issues with the restoration of the Bonnet for Bugsy II but not yet ready to throw in the towel. And if all my efforts fail there is another BE that may come my way for a good price that has a rusty but fixable bonnet. My issue is fixing the seams from a early '58 Bonnet that was grafted on to the front of a '59 Bonnet. Great work but seams need to be filled. Going to be Eastwood Metal2Metal Seam Sealer rather than finish welding this seam. I've spent 3-4 months cogitating on this one and am going to push forward. Other pinholes around turn signals I will not be able to get access to truly get clean metal to reweld in new metal. Going to be a combo of glass and bondo. These are really small spots but have decided effort to do it correctly and look good afterwards will keep Bugsy off of the road for an extra year or two. As much as I like tinkering, I like driving much better. And if all else fails there is a bonnet on the other BE that just needs patch panels on the bottom of the rear that I've done before and is a simple welding job. Progress, ever onward. For a little bit more than these guys want for that bonnet you could get a brand new one from across the pond.
I already did that with putting a BE Bonnet on Bugsy. Everyone thought I was driving a BE. Best of both worlds with wind up windows, a trunk, and a top that went up and down.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.