• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BE Bonnets - OMG the price

G

I just bought both of 'em. I'm gonna make a fortune cashing out those with my beanie baby collection. :encouragement:

paulsherman

Jedi Trainee
I have a Fiberglass bonnet, new, but needs a little work that I would be glad to part with and at a great price. But I am a long way from Dayton.

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Paul,

Fortunately I don't think I need one. Having some issues with the restoration of the Bonnet for Bugsy II but not yet ready to throw in the towel. And if all my efforts fail there is another BE that may come my way for a good price that has a rusty but fixable bonnet. My issue is fixing the seams from a early '58 Bonnet that was grafted on to the front of a '59 Bonnet. Great work but seams need to be filled. Going to be Eastwood Metal2Metal Seam Sealer rather than finish welding this seam. I've spent 3-4 months cogitating on this one and am going to push forward. Other pinholes around turn signals I will not be able to get access to truly get clean metal to reweld in new metal. Going to be a combo of glass and bondo. These are really small spots but have decided effort to do it correctly and look good afterwards will keep Bugsy off of the road for an extra year or two. As much as I like tinkering, I like driving much better. And if all else fails there is a bonnet on the other BE that just needs patch panels on the bottom of the rear that I've done before and is a simple welding job. Progress, ever onward. For a little bit more than these guys want for that bonnet you could get a brand new one from across the pond.

G

Dude, put a Midget front clip on'na BE. I Guarantee you'll be the only one in yer neighborhood with one.:joyous:

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Kelly,

I already did that with putting a BE Bonnet on Bugsy. Everyone thought I was driving a BE. Best of both worlds with wind up windows, a trunk, and a top that went up and down.