Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Since the new tie rod ends and ball joints for TRs from some suppliers have no grease fittings, is there a theory out there that the new sealed versions should last a lifetime (or are somehow better), or is there a quality issue here?
"Sealed for life" ball joints can also be viewed as "sealed for death" ball joints. Most sealed ball joints do give good wear, but I can't imagine that they would out-last ball joints that see fresh grease from time to time.
The question is, whose lifetime? Generally they mean the lifetime of the joint ...
More seriously, even if they mean the lifetime of the car; these cars were made with an expected lifetime of perhaps 10 years or so. We have already kept them running for many times that long, and I at least hope to flog mine for many more.
Mine from TRF came with grease fittings. The OE did not have them. I grease all fittings regularly. When I pulled down my rear end, happily I was able to grease the U-joints that are otherwise inaccessible. Even greased my spline. And had a PSA test done the same week. I hate it when he pops that rubber glove......
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.