• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGB Awakening grumbles.

OP
WillR

WillR

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
you right about the group of connectors. i will look in to adding a ground. i will keep looking for the bad link for now, my confidence grows by day.... still its shaky. to answer your question about the voltage regulator, if i am reading my meter correctly then you may be on to something. When i test for power at something lets say a socket for a bulb or in a in line connector the needle bounces up to 20. When i tested for power in the regulator located on the fire wall behind my gages it was a trifle higher reading. let me grab my meter and type my settings. laugh all you want but im not sure what all these setting are.:crazy:

OP
WillR

WillR

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
SDC10075.jpg SDC10080.jpg

i found one ground above the coil. this is what it looked like after i started to brush it before i had the thought to take a picture. i fear i may over use pictures now that i feel all interweb savvy. Even with that ground by odd problems didnt improve.
As for the voltage regulator i have my meter set to 50 DCV the red needle jumps to the green 20 the black is DC read ing 50 10 or 2. As mentioned the regulator should be at 10 but could read a bit higher if not working properly. I would interpret the latter to be the case. please correctly if im wrong, or encourage if correct. in the mean time i will start looking how to convert it to a solid state... If it is a simple idea.