• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Attn: Doc, and others (not watches)

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
When in the Navy I put a lot of rounds through an old 1911 45. When practicing the shells cost us 12 cents each! (y) I used to get such a high score, during periodic qualifications, the Master at Arms wanted me to qualify for the Navy pistol team, but because of the travel schedules and being married with my family down in Cuba with me, I had to decline. Saying that I couldn't hit the side of a barn with a 38 on rapid-fire! The military grip kept slipping in my hand. :rolleyes2:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Something a little different today. The various non- kitchen knives that I own. The three Case folders from top, a 1980 Trapper that I bought myself for my 40th birthday back in December, the trapper that was the last knife my dad ever bought for himself back in 94, it's part of my EDC, and a Stockman (1978) that used to be my EDC knife. The three fixed blades from left, my Case hunting knife(1982), my Gerber MKII fighting knife that my dad bought new (at a jeweler of all places) back in 1975, and my Gerber MKI boot knife that is part of my EDC.
Resized_20210711_140818.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Wondered how long it'd be "before the blades came out." :arms:
blades1.JPG

Top, hand-guard Blackie Collins OKC machete, well used on Florida "scrub." L to R a Cold Steel "Recon" and Cold Steel Tanto. Lower left two folders are promo Chinese "giveaways" from Bass Pro and NRA. The Swiss Army is my EDC, "Cowboy" model, just one blade and a Phillips screwdriver. The bottom left is one my neighbor just found and handed me yesterday. Chinese as well.

Last edited:

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
I am an absolute novice when it comes to small arms and conceal carry equipment. I have a few semi-autos and a 22 revolver. But my question is about holsters. I haven’t found a holster that I’m comfortable with for use in conceal carry with the semi-autos. Just don’t seem comfortable with the IWB set up. Was thinking about a shoulder rig but it seemed bulky. Will you give me opinions on the belly band design? Thanks, Dave C.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Dave, I live where it gets hot and one of those things would cook you. I really don't like IWB and only use it when carrying in the small of my back, which isn't often. I prefer a pancake holster under a larger shirt or jacket. T shirts will work but the best conceal carry shirt of all time is a Hawaiian shirt, you could carry a howitzer under one. Here's my daily carry gun and holster, a Colt New Agent and a 1791 holster. It's not a true pancake but it works well.
Resized_20210509_133504.jpeg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Another option I like that's not as good for concealment as a pancake bit is more convenient if you're having to take your gun on and off more is the old paddle holster. Here's one of my other common carry loadoyts, my Colt Detective Special with is Bucheimeir paddle holster.
Resized_20210509_133552.jpeg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Continuing on with the resurrection of this half of the old thread, here's my Birthday present to myself I bought back in December. A 1905 Colt Bisley in .32-20. It's a fine shooter and my first proper Colt single action. It had a set of God awful plastic reproduction stocks on it so I had a guy I know in AZ make a new set in American Walnut. The checkering is excellent and they feel great in the hand.
20220225_114004.jpg
20220225_114015.jpg
20220225_120420.jpg

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
About two months ago I was just "sniffin around" for one of these, no place had one on the shelf that I could find. Walked into the local "Cabelas" on a lark and asked. They had ONE left in inventory. Ruger in .380, spare 10-round mag and I got an extended 12-round later. Bianchi IWB, same leather as the Walthers.

Ruger2.JPG

Ruger1.JPG

I'll call it my concession to modernity.

Last edited:

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
A 1905 Colt Bisley in .32-20. It's a fine shooter and my first proper Colt single action.

Here from the novice guy again, what do you mean by a ‘proper Colt single action’? I have a single action .22 revolve. It’s not much, on the low end of the quality scale but it’s fun to shoot and I’m surprised how accurate I am with it. Bye the way, that Colt Bisley does look cool and that grip angle looks to be comfortable.
Is 1905 the year of manufacture or a model number? If it’s that old can you trust it?

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Here from the novice guy again, what do you mean by a ‘proper Colt single action’? I have a single action .22 revolve. It’s not much, on the low end of the quality scale but it’s fun to shoot and I’m surprised how accurate I am with it. Bye the way, that Colt Bisley does look cool and that grip angle looks to be comfortable.
Is 1905 the year of manufacture or a model number? If it’s that old can you trust it?
I called this one a proper Colt single action, because while I own another single action it's an Italian clone, an Uberti to be precise, this one is my first genuine Colt.

1905 is the year it was manufactured. Any Colt made after 1905 carries the "V" proof mark meaning the gun was verified for use with smokeless powder. Being a light caliber I can trust this one even though it's an older gun. There are two things that make me not concerned about shooting with smokeless loads: the caliber doesn't produce really high pressures and the thickness of the cylinder walls is pretty beefy since it is a small caliber. If it were a 45 I'd be sure to just feed it light smokeless loads that are well below SAAMI specs.