• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Anyone every built their own kitchen (from that flat box) store

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Any space you loose is more than compensated by the convenience of the drawers and the fact that you can easily get at the entire area. We put mostly drawers in....
+1 - and quartz countertops

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
The subject of cats has already broken so here's mine. Our cat (gone for many years now) like most was pretty amazing. The only thing she ever threw or knocked off the counters or cabinets was food bits that she threw done for the dog. She was known to take Christmas decorations, glass balls, off the tree and play with them on the very hard slate floor. There was one other trait that I found interesting but SWMBO did not. They didn't get along too well anyway and sometimes when they had a disagreement that the kitty lost she would occasionally relieve her bowels in you can probably guess whose shoes.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
They didn't get along too well anyway and sometimes when they had a disagreement that the kitty lost she would occasionally relieve her bowels in you can probably guess whose shoes.
The topic has evolved from Kitchen Remodeling to cats...now I'm afraid to see where it goes next. :scared: :popworm:ใ€ฐ๏ธ

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I'll go.
Range replaced since this was taken. Sink side, drawer and bins for refuse and recycle:
SinkDrawers2.JPG

Radiused door on extended cupboard for more enclosed storage:
overhead01.jpg

Same idea above bar which was cut out of a dividing wall making use of previous "dead space":

bar2.jpg

And the gratuitous shot of a cat on the bar.

bar-nim2.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Lower cupboard, internal lighting on micro-switch:

pantry2.jpg

All counter-top and bar corners radiused, got tired of 90ยฐ corner bruises!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
looks great and cats, what's not to love