• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Any Feed back Carlisle PA?

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Anyone know how the Sprite Jubilee In Carlisle PA went????

Cheers

Mark

Country flag
I was wondering the same thing?

Country flag
Didn't make it - was planning to go until the last minute, then had to cancel. I'd like to hear some feedback on it too!

GeeBee1

Jedi Knight
I was going to go but bailed due to forecasters.

64rocksprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I went, flew in to Pittsburgh on Thursday, Dad and I drove down to the show Friday through the rain..and did a bit of walking around the vendors Friday..it was miserable, but found a set replacement of floorpans for $100! Same guy had...READY?
COMPLETE RWA New replacement quarters, both sides, $200 each. Pretty sure I saw a Brit motor heritage tag on them. If I had $400 extra I would have bought them. I still have his e-mail, I don't know if they sold, but would be surprised if they did not.
Almost zero cars on display on the infield on Friday..pretty dreary and muddy.

Saturday was PERFECT at least in the morning. Sprites were rolling in groups of 2 and 3s during the morning. I have a pic I'll post tonight of the partial row of BEs..I had no idea there were so many East Coast BE's and ALL in fantastic shape. I didn't count, but there must have been 30 cars as of noon, probably 90% BEs.
Quite a wide variety - from bone stock BEs to the Jag powered '62 Sprite (features in Classic Motorsports recently) The guy that built it is great, spoke to him for about 30mins regarding the build and his mods. The car is even more spectacular in person.

Vendors were open for business and Spridget parts were EVERYWHERE.

Although lots of cars were still rolling in, Dad's knee was starting to bother him so we called it a show about noon on Sat and headed back..plus I was out of $ for parts. Picked up some good parts/spares.. it was nice to see everyone being reasonable on stuff (unlike some other marketplaces on-line..)
I followed up Monday with Ted of TSimported on some parts, he said Sunday was awful again - weather-wise and everyone had left or was packing Sunday am.

Will post some pics tonight in this thread.
It was worth the trip for me..gave me renewed energy to go home and get my pans fixed and engine assembled!
Plus the airline let me 'ship' the pans as my 'extra bag' for no charge!!

Coastalman

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Yes, it was cold and wet. One of the locals told me it was the coldest weather he could remember for this time of the year. With that said, it was still a very good event. I was able to meet and talk to two icons of early Bugeyedom. Gerry Coker, who designed the Healey Hundred and did the initial design work for the Sprite Mk I (Frogeye), and John Srinzel who formed the Speedwell Company. They were both gracious enough to sign a poster I won at the auction held on site. The autocross went well during one of the rare moments of sunshine. The banquet was another good time. My wife and I enjoyed meeting new friends and renewing old acquaintances. Great to meet Reid Trummel also.
May the next event be warm and sunny!!!
Charlie

spritenut

Luke Skywalker
For some of the Sprites at Carlisle, check this out.
https://tinyurl.com/6l8qqy
One of mine made the shot, the 58 at the bottom of the page with the black plate.
I was there for the past 5 1/2 days, it was wet but as always, a blast. The generator on the 58 dies on the way out Thursday night, we tried a quick rebuild in a parking lot while still in NJ, it worked but totally fried 20 miles from home on the return trip. That was my first chore as soon as I unloaded my ton of parts I picked up at Carlisle. Good thing I found a couple of generators out there.
My Sprite got soaked during the drive out as it poured the last 40 miles of the trip, the 58 and 59 were pretty wet as the tops were down and neither of us had inside wipers. We also had a 61 Mini driving out with us, he stayed dry. But with all the events, all the rain, it was fun. The Sprite dried out today on the drive home. No harm done.
Now you know why leather was never an option on a Sprite :wink:
I did get John Sprinzel and Gerry Coker to sign my Sprite but I also had the Play Boy Bunny from London sign my car too. And she even signed her name and put PBB :smile: after it. It was the only car she had ever signed and she is also very well known among the healey crowd IF you know the rest of the story. To hear it, come to Missouri in June. And HER signature is more important to me then all the others I have had on some of my cars. And Geoffrey Healey even signed one of my Sprites, it was the first car he had ever signed too.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Some fine looking Bugeyes there.

BuggerAll

Jedi Hopeful
I was there, there were more than 70 BEs registered and I believe most of them showed. Also veryimpressed by the Jag engine car. It was fortunate that Winner's Circle was there because my gear reduction starter crapped out when I stopped for gas after arriving in Carlisle on Friday, so my first item of business was $250 for a new one, which we swapped out in the motel parking lot Friday night after preparatory beers. This was followed by replacement of my whiny diff in the parking lot on Saturday night. Don't know what percentage of active BEs from the east coast and midwest was represented there but it must have been substantial. The state of each one was very high. Also loved the two Speedwells which made it, especially the active vintage racer. And I won the autocross, which was my very first attempt at this kind of motorsport -

bugimike

Yoda
I thought that vintage racer looked familiar!!! Below are pictures from Sebring 2007!

Attachments

• 11571.jpg
    11571.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 11572.jpg
    11572.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 11573.jpg
    11573.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 11574.jpg
    11574.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 117

64rocksprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Sorry folks..promised a pic and didn't get around to it..

Here they are!

Attachments

• 11586.jpg
    11586.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 45
  • 11587.jpg
    11587.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 11588.jpg
    11588.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 11589.jpg