• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Another drain channel question .

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Does the soft top drain channel on a BJ8 rivet to the rear shroud behind the rear shroud lip or to the front of the lip that then gets covered with the chrome rail ?

OP
Healey Nut

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Anyone ??

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Healey Nut, I don't have an exact ans for you because I did not remove my shrouds or the drain channel and my pic library isn't very clear on that area. But I will attach some pics that might help you to make a decision. Since my drain channel was always in place, I do remember when fastening the chrome piece and the convertible top that the chrome piece goes on first, the the top with its "U" channel is screwed to the forward edge of the drain channel. My pics on this are rather large so I might attach them to succeeding post.

Attachments

• DSCF2297.jpg
    DSCF2297.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 86

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Another stern shot:

Attachments

• DSCF1314.jpg
    DSCF1314.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 80

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
You can see the drain channel and convertible top attachment here: ( i hope I didn't get these pics mixed up)

Attachments

• DSCF2740.JPG
    DSCF2740.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCF2758.jpg
    DSCF2758.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 109

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Final shot, just shows the convertible top tucked forward of the chrome piece because it is attached to the forward edge of the drain channel.

Attachments

• DSCF2676.jpg
    DSCF2676.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 76
OP
Healey Nut

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Tks but they don't fully answer my question .
Whats with the square tube between the quarter panels ?

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
A grab bar and parcel retainer. It is now wrapped with foam like you might do with a head retaining roll bar.

OP
Healey Nut

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
We'll I figured it out . I uncovered the 67 from its winters nap and used a small mirror to look under the chrome rail to see how things are assembled .

chicken

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Healey nut
I am just finishing repairing my drain channel and what I found out on a previous post (check that as some good pictures on there) is that the lip of the drain channel should be behind the lip of the shroud, which is a problem for me as my shroud is allready in place !
Would you use ali or stainless rivets to prevent rusting ?
Also my drain has one centrall outlet but others i have seen have one either side behind the rear seats, which is correct for a BJ7?
Thanks
Rob

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Healey nut
I am just finishing repairing my drain channel and what I found out on a previous post (check that as some good pictures on there) is that the lip of the drain channel should be behind the lip of the shroud, which is a problem for me as my shroud is allready in place !
Would you use ali or stainless rivets to prevent rusting ?
Also my drain has one centrall outlet but others i have seen have one either side behind the rear seats, which is correct for a BJ7?
Thanks
Rob
The drain channel can be twisted into correct place with about three guys. Mine was accidentally left off my car when it was restored but they were able to get it into place. About a 50/50 chance to get it in without having to loosen the shroud. Pop rivets work fine.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Chicken, I haven't look at mine in awhile and in storage now, but if memory serves, there are three drain tubes coming off the channel. One in the middle and two at each corner. the drain channel should have nipples about 1/2 inch diameter come out the bottom with the hoses attached to them. If you look at some of my previous interior pics you can see in the corners that I extended the carpet up over the area where the nipples are. Since I do not have a seat back piece i did this to cover the hose attachments.

chicken

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Vette
Thanks, i cant understand why mine just has one in the middle (and the two at either end near the door) is this off a different model ?
I have had to weld mine up as more holes in it than a swiss cheese to maybe i can weld two more outlets on it ?
Rob

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
My BJ8 has 5 drains for the channel. Three along the rear bulkhead and one just behind each door. Here is a photo of the center and driver side hoses.
rear driver seat area.jpg

chicken

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Gregg, mine has just one in the middle and it looks like it drains out through the panel between the rear of the seat and the boot ! maybe it drains through the boot somewhere ?
I have the two end drains near the door but am confused if i should have more than 1 hole near the bulkhead on a BJ7, confused ....

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
A Note about the Drain channels. There are the two drains that are near the doors, so technically I have 5 drains with hoses connected to them.
Here's a pic of the channel when it was out of my car.

Attachments

• DSCF5800.jpg
    DSCF5800.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 82

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
That's what mine looked like. Except the nipples for the hoses are on the bottom to help with the drainage.:wink: