• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

And I think to myself what a wonderful world... (non car photo du jour) - read the first post before posting.

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Congratulations, we got our 6th great grandchild on 1/1/24.
we now have 3 boys and 3 girls.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Grand Daughter getting a hair trim.
tempImageec8NDm.jpg

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Just returned from Costa Rica (and missed all the fun weather at home).
Saw some sloths... here's a 3-toed one. These slow-moving things only come down once per week to do their business. :smile:
20240107_145054 3-toed sloth.jpg

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Just returned from Costa Rica (and missed all the fun weather at home).
Saw some sloths... here's a 3-toed one. These slow-moving things only come down once per week to do their business. :smile:
we saw them in Venezuela year ago - amazing. Did you see the movie Zootopia? All the DMV employees are sloths. :D

1705944514878.png

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
So J-P - how's St Louis?
Good. We got in yesterday and other than a bonkers three + hour adventure getting into a room we are settled. This morning we woke up to an ice storm blanketing the area - so, staying inside. (Though the warnings are over). We are staying at the Union Station which was converted into a hotel and is quite interesting. Very heavy train theme and about every hour in the evening they play light shows on the ceiling of the grand hall. Don't know if I am going to get to the arch and the transportation Museum is closed Monday and Tuesday. OTOH getting to see froends which is always good,.

The show

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
JP the Moro Museum at 3408 Locust St isn’t to far from you. Suppose to be 80 antique motor cycles I’ve never been but there is a website.
it has been a long time since I’ve been in Union Station but on the main staircase landing two people can stand on opposite sides, face certain spot and carry in a conversation that couldn’t be heard if they were facing each other.
The big Ferris wheel, right by you, should be a fun ride if you like that type of thing.
Enjoy your stay.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
JP the Moro Museum at 3408 Locust St isn’t to far from you. Suppose to be 80 antique motor cycles I’ve never been but there is a website.
it has been a long time since I’ve been in Union Station but on the main staircase landing two people can stand on opposite sides, face certain spot and carry in a conversation that couldn’t be heard if they were facing each other.
The big Ferris wheel, right by you, should be a fun ride if you like that type of thing.
Enjoy your stay.
cool - will take a look and yes, the ferris wheel is right there - I wouldn't mind, Mrs JP not so much - we'll see

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
And it's 'gator matin' season here, too. This guy is showing up in our nearby waterway regularly, lookin' for love.

SS5_6411DGcrsc.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag