• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

And I think to myself what a wonderful world... (non car photo du jour) - read the first post before posting.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Let's try this. We have a photo Du Jour for cars, how about one for lovely things? I don't want people doing stupid things, I don't want things that make us think less of the world. It doesn't need to be your picture but it would be nice if it were connected to your life and world. Let's see how far we get.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
And Don gets place of honor with the first post

1678199206777.png

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Please don't ever tell my wife I posted a photo of her or we'll be one member less on this forum... with my sister on my wife's birthday in Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska:
20220627_123639(0).jpg

We didn't realize until weeks later that a whale had breached in the background; the tail is visible over my sister's left shoulder.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Mitsy's shot a few weeks ago:
RS5_5803_2sm.jpg

Last edited:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
And in my front yard...

SS2_5743scdt.jpg

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Not my picture or even my country but, the Camino de Santiago which Mrs JP & I walked in 2018 (with the care of this forum) - but never this early in the morning. :D

1678287793546.png

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Galapagos, October 2021. This guy was about 3' wide. A slow-mover and a loud breather.
2021-10-03 09.07.21.jpg

Last edited:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
That is one huge turtle!
Giant Tortoise. But who'd counting.
This one was lumbering toward me and I was about 2' in front of it. Normally, they were very shy and would pull their head in with any sudden movement. There is a breeding program to preserve them... but they were all over the place on the main island (Santa Cruz).

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
A slow-mover and a loud breather.

That's me for sure. Photo looks like me before the morning coffee.

I'd been chasing a hare, but gave up and sat on a chest to relax. First time a hare put a tortoise on its chest.

:jester:

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Ok, culling thought my images, let's see what I can find that fits the "wonderful world" theme. When I would go TDY to San Diego to work on a military GPS program, every night after work, I would head straight to Sunset Cliffs state park. Sometimes the sunsets were boring, sometimes, I''d get lucky.

San Diego-1-9 copy.jpg

Last edited:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"Creature small"
An inch long and can make your skin feel like you'd messed around in fiberglass. They're falling from the trees just now.

SS5_1331DTcrsc.jpg