• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

AACA Cammack Tucker Collection

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Made my yearly visit to the AACA Museum (Hershey, PA) yesterday to see their latest feature exhibit - A Family Affair - Station Wagons. Loved it.
But the gem of the Museum's permanent exhibits has to be the Tucker display of the David Cammack collection. Three complete cars. A chassis "mule". Prototype engine/transmission experiments. New in the box accessories. Literature and photos. Plus pieces salvaged from wrecked or otherwise destroyed Tuckers.
If you get the chance, check it out.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Jay - thanks for posting this. The Tucker cars are on my bucket list, so I'll be heading to Hershey this fall.

And speaking of station wagons, we had one just like this in the early 1950s, a Nash Greenbrier:

7ccd7b399b3b9f0073e78d92b603f9e3.jpg

We called it "Doodlebug".
Tom M.

OP
3798j

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
And speaking of station wagons, we had one just like this in the early 1950s, a Nash Greenbrier
We called it "Doodlebug".
Tom M.
Tom they have one on display...and will until October 12th.
Here’s a list of the vehicles on the floor:
1948 Bentley Mark VI Radford Countryman
1952 Nash Rambler
1953 Mercury Monterey
1955 Powell Sport wagon
1958 Edsel Villager
1959 Ford Country Sedan wagon
1961 Willys Wagon
1962 Corvair Monza 900
1962 Stageway Chevrolet, Milton Hershey School vehicle
1962 Chevrolet Bel Air
1963 Chevrolet Impala
1964 Dodge Custom 880
1968 Mercury Commuter wagon
1970 VW Squareback
1971 AMC Hornet Sportabout
1972 Volvo P1800ES
1974 Chevrolet Vega Kammback
1979 Volvo 265
1980 Ford Pinto Rallye wagon
1981 Renault 18i
1984 Dodge Caravan
1986 Jeep Grand Wagoner
1987 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Wagon

The '53 Mercury had my vote:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
You would think that something like the AACA would make sure to not have a mistake like that on their mural.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I can't count the number of times I start a sentence with "You would think that..." Must be an age thing.

You would think

OP
3798j

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
What I also liked at the AACA Museum is the huge mural of a Tucker, and it DOES NOT have the suicide doors.
That vehicle - the one you saw pictured in the mural without suicide rear doors - is the only Tucker without suicide rear doors. It's the 1947 prototype "Tin Goose". This is the vehicle that Preston Tucker proudly revealed to a car hungry American public. Said to have started life as a '41 Oldsmobile, it had every body panel changed, the frame totally altered to allow the 580c.i. flat six to reside in the rear and a totally unique suspension system. The AACA Tucker exhibit goes into detail explaining the story of how this vehicle came into "the flesh".
If you'd like to see it in person, the Tin Goose now resides in the Swigart Museum located in Huntington, PA.
Here's a video of the Tin Goose with Preston Tucker's grandson explaining the vehicle:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Well look at that, you learn something new every day.