• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A scouting expedition:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A buddy called this afternoon and told me he'd seen a GTV Alfa on a local hog lot. Dressed in my FINEST OD fatigue pants and a pullover shirt, I rattled over in Diesela to have a rekkie... Sure enuff, "Fly Yellow" "paintroller refinish" '74. Oscars bolted thru the front bumper, prerequisite oxidation from waterline down... sticker onna windshield from an estate sale. DID have Webers, oil two quarts low and nasty... car had obviously been sitting a long while. Nobody in the "trade" would've paid $1k for it. Only one guy at the pitch, he surfing the 'net on a laptop in the office. No intention of actually trying to sell the car: He followed me out like he was a six year old going to the dentist... walked away once I'd pulled the dipstick out. I think he was P.O.'d 'cause *he* couldn't FIND the bloody thing... After the quick once over I went in to ask him the money question. Before I could, he volunteered it was to be sent out for "restoration." I asked: "How much do you want for it BEFORE the restoration?" He: "$5,000" Me: "'k, thanks."

Whadda maroon. Can't wait to see it as an AFTER example. This'n is a bagel. Soon it'll be a shiny bagel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I just love guys like that... Think they're sitting on a gold mine and that any old car is worth huge dollars... Not!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
There was an Amc Pacer in the San Francisco Chronicle
for......$18,000!!!!
Should I be upset that I passed on it?

- Doug

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Naaah. Go out an' get a ten-gallon aquarium, put it in a Radio wagon in your driveway, sit in it and enjoy. Total expense: $200, tops.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Party on Wayne
Party on Garth

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Oh Mama-mia, Mama-mia, Mama-mia let me go.
Beelzabub has a devil put aside for me, for me...FOR MEEEEE!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
You mean you don't want to be the first in line? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

38520862_7daf0cad12_b.jpg

And just for the record, I loved Wayne's World (and the fabulous AMC Pacer)

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
I much prefer the Volkswagon commercial from a few years ago showing two guys headbanging to "Mr. Roboto" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif Too bad it couldn't have been a Triumph commercial ...

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Anyone remember the "sandwich" commercial for the Pacer?

- Doug