Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Looking for the proper finish for the air cleaner box for a 1969 TR6. I'm quite sure they are black but gloss or satin black? This is not going to be a concourse restoration car but period correct.
I bought a new '69 TR6 and I don't remember the air cleaner being black. I remember a hammered silver color and the two short snorkels out of the front.
mine is / was rust and black. Just sandblasted and primed it. I know I've seen the gray hammered look before but not up on a 69 TR6. did not see any gary underneth it ether. mine could have been switch out.
There's a picture in the Piggott book of a 250 with the black box. That's how I came up with that, Don.
Maybe for some 69's it was a leftover or just a swap.
When I mentioned "hammered silver" in my initial post, the "hammered" part is what i recall, but may not have been so. But, it was definitely a silver color similar to the wheels...after you took off those awful Rostyle hub caps they stuffed on the '69.
I'm going to the TRF Summer Party next week and got an e-mail from Charles tonight that some is going to be there with a new 1969 TR6. He had new in quotation marks so what does that mean.
Hmmm...if that be the case, which I never doubt Ken, if your is originally black.
Must be an early 69
First TR6 I had was a 69, unfortunately I don't have the commission number - but it was a silver air cleaner, I wouldn't call it hammered I think I used the same silver as I had used on my Spitfire wheel rims - argent silver?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.