Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
On that pinch bolt ... be sure the threads are not rubbing the shaft. You will probably need to buy a longer bolt to get the shoulder length you need and then cut off the excess threads.
Hmmm IIRC the old pinch bolt was threaded the entire length. I can change that have Dremel and a die I can fix it. Sway bar is now installed. Do the stops go inside of the frame rails or outside. And do they but up solid against the rubber block that goes around the sway bar. Someone forgot to take a picture.
Yes they butt up against the bushings. I've seen them on the inside and outside. I do not know what is "correct".
Not sure if grinding the threads off the pinch bolt would allow unwanted movement... shoulders are larger diameter than the threads.
I need to go to Hardware Store anyway today for bolts and nuts for sway bar limit stops. Little clips that go on sway bar to limit side to side movement. I assume those clips are mounted right up against the rubber center block. I don't know if they go on the inside or the outside of the mounting bracket.
Does it butt up against the Rubber Locator Block I would think, and does it go on the inside or the outside of the Mounting Bracket that attaches to the Frame Rails.
You can make one up from a grade 8 fine bolt that has a un-threaded shank across the pinch area. You would have to use a longer bolt and just cut off the excess threaded part. Make sure that there is a solid shank across the pinch area because a threaded area there can let the steering shaft slip past it if you pull hard enough when its loose.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.