• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

X on dome

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag
I've got 2- 175 CD carbs from a 75 model TR6, front and rear mates.
There is an X stamped on the post on the top cover (dome) of the front and a D on the rear. The brass tag says they are series 3771.
Can anyone shed any light on the significance of the X and D ?

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I'm not ignoring you. I'm just not home to look at my stock carbs. I may be able to answer this tomorrow if mine are marked.

OP
poolboy

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag
Thanks, Paul. The carbs on Ol' Basil don't have a mark, so I got to wondering what it meant. The letters look "official".

Opa

Jedi Trainee
poolboy
checked my carbs and mine are stamped M(rear) n(front) series 3613. car build date Dec.31 1974. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thirsty.gif Correct carbs according to TRF parts book for late 74 and early 75 cars.No idea what the stamp means tho.