• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Gaz 69

Izual Angel

Jedi Trainee
My weekend sucked. In the local car ad thing there was a 1959 Russian Jeep listed. After looking at it quickly, then poking around the net for about 15 minutes I figured out it was a gaz 69. 15 minutes later I had a source for spares so I gave a call to the owner. Found out it was already sold
frown.gif
To say that I was saddened is a huge understatement. Just thought I'd share that little tidbit. Anyone know where I can pick one up for cheap? (in the states
wink.gif
)

If you have no idea what a gaz 69 is - https://gaz69.nm.ru/index-eng.htm

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
That would have been quite a find!

Too bad you missed out on it... I'm constantly amazed at what keeps showing up all over the place on this continent, some of the most unusual vehicles.

There is an outfit in the States, run by some Soviet guys, who import old Russian and East European cars, they have a great website I've been to before - www.sovietcarsinusa.com

[ 04-19-2004: Message edited by: Sherlock ]</p>

OP
I

Izual Angel

Jedi Trainee
Wow. That's a great site Sherlock. Found a GAZ for $10,000
frown.gif
And the later UAZ 469 for $6500... That's the one I really want.
Uaz469@1a.jpg

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I believe there was a brief profile of this company in one of the British magazines about a year ago, that's how I heard about it. Checked out their website at that time, a great browse just to view all the interesting cars even if you're not in the market for an oddball East European car.

OP
I

Izual Angel

Jedi Trainee
They may be odd, but they sure are cool. I can't make out the name on this one "Zalarashache?"
web2.jpg

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
That picture is a car called (rough translation) Zaporozhets 969, also referred to as a ZAZ 969.

I've read a little about them, and I'm told that even by Soviet standards it is an absolute lemon of a car.

There is a book about East European and Soviet cars available through Julian Nowill over in England. He runs a British club for these cars and is likely the most knowledgeable historian in the English language about them. I've seen the book once at a friend's place here in town and it looks quite good. I believe he sells the book himself and can be contacted through the club.

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sherlock:
I've read a little about them, and I'm told that even by Soviet standards it is an absolute lemon of a car.<hr></blockquote>

lol.gif