• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BCF Reunion

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
The idea of a BCF Reunion sounds like a blast. My wife and I would like to take a road trip in "Molly" next summer. Somebody name the place and we'll make arrangements to be there. It would be a wonderful chance to see a lot of great cars and meet a lot of great people. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I'd love to attend if resonably close. Maybe it can be a yearly event and be in a different place each year to make it easy for all of us.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Maybe this can be stickied and posted at the main entrance and on each of the forums?

OP
kyreb1862

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this can be stickied and posted at the main entrance and on each of the forums?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea, that way we could have a poll and see how many members would be interested. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

OP
kyreb1862

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Nothing has been decided yet we're just pitching an idea. What do you think? We have the definite possibility of a great event. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
With 6500+ members, I think it's a great idea, even if 5% show up, that's still 375 people, and think of all those LBCs in the parking lot!!! Drool.
Swap meet????
I think the biggest problem people will have, is getting LBCs roadworthy for a trip of some significant milage, I love my midget, but would hate to spend ten hours of having my feet roasted by the firewall.
We could take bets on which one Tony would show up in?
It'll take some planning, but it is a great idea. Even if it's east coast one year, west coast the next, midwest the third and cycles, it can definatley be pitched as the internet's biggest car gathering....

OP
kyreb1862

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
I love it. What do we need to get a project like this going. Just the thoughts of all those LBC's together is enough to motivate me. I do like the idea of rotating the reunion. I could do east and midwest but west might be a little out of my range but that would be OK. The thoughts of also doing a swap meet at the reunions......great! I would think that some of the major parts distributors would also be willing to do some sponsoring. The possibilities are mind boggling!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
To get a project like this going, under the BCF banner, would be coop from Basil re: email addresses to sniff out interest. I don't think anything would be possible without a blessing from the Emperor. This is his Baby, and that is step 1.
That being said, the biggest investment anybody could make is time...That might be sniff out #2.

ccougill

Jedi Warrior
have it in st louis, centrally located and Janel could be in charge. we had a blast there at the MG meet a couple of years ago

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
That'd be quite a haul for me. 1012mi. I'd hope to gather people along the way.
If more members updated the map you could get a better picture to what is central to all memebers.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Hows about BCF club areas at national events. Like a big banner and a cooler full of beverages at the car show area of the Watking Glen Vintage race.... THat's this weekend, so it's probably too short notice, but that's just an extra idea to go with our own big event.
maybe we could get some of the site vendors to chip in a little for the banners if we put thier company logos on it.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I'm in for one at some point. Nothing is close to Utah, but I do hope to have a little trailer for the Tunebug one of these days. With lots of big events already around, might be a good start to try to get some local activities for folks in the same region, and work up to a big meet some day.

We've got the 50th Sprite anniversary coming up in '08, and there's a bunch of other national events like that already. Maybe we need to piggy-back on something like that, at least at the beginning.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I just have to have a trailer for the 50th. And it will be a Sprite, Midget thing, Spridget.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Why not start smallish and have a regonal first and see how it goes.

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I agree with the concept of starting at one of the already organized regional/national shows and see how it works out. Let another org do the work until we have an idea of how large participation would be. Should be easy enough to pick 3 or 4 locations around the country next year, arrange for a BCF reserved location, and go for it. I'd wager that there is a BCF member in almost any car club you can name in the country.
Have we had any input from the Emperor? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
I did hint at some input from Basil, it goes without saying that any BCF "stuff" would need his blessing.
I trust he's enjoying his long weekend.