• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Movie car question

G

I have a trivia question for some of our movie fans out there. I was watching the first godfather movie last night and I was curious about a car I couldn't ID. After Michael kills the police captain and the Turk in the Italian restaraunt he goes to Sicily to hide out. While he's there he's driving around in a big black two door coupe with a wickedly sloped rear fastback. This is not the car Don Tomasina is riding in in the first Sicily scene, but the one Michael later uses while he is dating Apollonia. From the grill I'm assuming it is some type of Alfa, but I'd like to see if anyone knows the model or type. This is a really beautiful car.

dotanukie,since this is my wifes favorite movie[she has them all]and she ocationaly gets a kink to watch them for a week running,i to have noticed the auto,also my first impression was that it was an alpha,so i went to the local librey here in connecticut,checked out everything they had on alpa's no joy,ive even asked some old italians about it but caused nothihg but an argument,go figya,i then got the notion it was an early french job but havent investigated that yet,if you nail it down please let me know,as an aside my wife isnt even italian shes philipino,but loves the movie as do many people i gather.anthony7777 1963 bj7 3000 M.K.II. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

William

Darth Vader
IIRC, if it's the one that gets blown up later on, it's one of these:

Freccia D'Oro

Those scenes were supposed to be postwar, weren't they? Been a while since I've seen that film.

-William

OP
G

William, YES! Thats the car alright. His wife Apollonia gets blown up in it when she tries to drive the car over to him. The scene is supposed to take place in the late 40's/early 50's since Michael is out of the Army and the war is over, but I didn't know if the car was pre or post war.

The two pictures on the upper right of the link you posted are identicle to the movie car, same color, same wheels, etc.. Boy that is a beautiful car, I love it. Thanks for the info, at least I guessed the correct make but that was easy given the grill.

OP
G

Wow, thats quite a website. I can't imagine how much time it took to put all that info together. Thanks for the link, I just blew about a half hour there searching various movies.

dotanukie,i found one in hemmings motors for sale,its a 1939 alfa romeo 6c2500,correct circa for the time line!cant remember how much,its still there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

OP
G

WOW, I found it on Hemmings online, 6C2500 sport touring berlinetta. Veeeery nice car, there is no price listed for it though, which means its probably way more money than I've got unless I'm willing to sell off a kidney and maybe my liver. Thats such a pretty car, thanks for the listing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif