• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Photobucket Workaround

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
With Photobucket's change in Terms of Service that blocks 3rd party linking unless the album owner pays $399 a year, the forum has a lot of photos that look like this:

IMG_0063.jpg

However, if you right click on the above image in a thread it will give you the option to "Open in a new window/tab". Click on that and the photo will open in the new tab.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
So far I can get any photos in my library and post them elsewhere with no problems, I guess they just haven't caught up with me yet. :encouragement: I am not paying 400 bucks to anyone to display my personal photos. :nonod: I've been using photobucket for many years without issues, but that could end. PJ

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thanks for the tip on opening in a new window. Once you've got the photo, you can also scroll through all the photos in that folder.

I swear, PhotoBucket doesn't want users. There are so many popups and ads which cover the page - even with my hosts file adblocking), I still can't use PB.

yeesh

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I can't find a way to get a specific url for a photo I put on Flickr. Also tried 500px - but no photo url is available. Now trying Google Photos:

jp-CHrf7JtOZJw15a6cBVrZciAGdse3Gw2ULt9Acb7YtGECml6Y4bqI0qM-UojxLHHxpeR5xC0BaavecvbCHT5z3rUVKF4Q5RuJoawHhtGFQR0qPRc2gfUbmTxvNYTvrNPqtQ8L6eMGXrp2GBJ_QPs3bhTSOQ_ZNHkVp25S_aLDRVWv3PUC6McQuYG9RCt3X8hK9OLT_k1UI4_OiG2StBimVx9dAywiUfGVZJZzdMfn8l4qi2bD__HX_O2AmiNoG1Jwke591IAnBFTY6Jjego52RKYIXj74kHpu30SNsnuYDL0B6FX7A9Jams6bKGBFcR4aeMAL-Rq_mO1a1n1eTqG2aMUJB9FPaI1xuCfyPKd143zGBhicW3C7txlNgq-GGEEwniwXRU4dFVx8HfHGCTnpyIOnTcM0GuuwrcprAkGNTfxKyhg73J8YL3sZujKUH0Any16bDFmjCxpr6b06EjFvPCT0GiLPCVkgM0pTH2DDIixKNDCYhM8PnZObI-7Q8L36R8PlNeXgyBsvn58duRkQCNbr3eLxLU54lkAbvyLzphDmCmv4y2v9wO0QHF0P7ANm7wNxL28vXpLSst8Ww6XJwfd4EF2P7HuXt_fhlqzy_4NbT9283=w640-h479-no

I can see the photo - but I don't know if non-Google Photos people can see the photo.

Nice lookin' car, eh?

D

Deleted member 8987

Flickr is easy. I will admit I had a good friend talk me through it the first time, long ago.
Open the Flickr page, click one photo (even the one you want) to open a slideshow. Right click on the photo, click "view page info". Scroll down, copy off the line (just right click and the whole line is highlighted) that has "staticflickr.com" in it, and paste it into your "insert photo" link on the forum page.
That works on every forum I have ever posted photos on EXCEPT this one, no matter what I do a popup box says "error: invalid file", which is is not, as I can paste that into a new window and it opens just fine.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4263/35207120032_dd17b74f47_b.jpg

You try. That link opens a photo on Flickr of three postwar Lionel Geeps in NP "Canoe" paint, but will not insert into this forums software.
I tried removing the "s' from "https", I tried removing everything left of the c1, which is how it shows when opened in a new window, but not here.
Yes, it's secure protocol, but I tried without. It is an allowed .jpg.

Not complaining....I can still post the links readers can open, but they will not just "show" in the thread.

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Think a number here will find that this tool serves well for those who only need to post a photo on a forum (no photo storage): https://postimages.org/
Easy to use and free. Once on the site, upload a selected photo from your computer, then click on the copy icon on the line that says "Hotlink for Forums", and then paste to your post. Not necessary to join or even sign in.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Think a number here will find that this tool serves well for those who only need to post a photo on a forum (no photo storage): https://postimages.org/
Easy to use and free. Once on the site, upload a selected photo from your computer, then click on the copy icon on the line that says "Hotlink for Forums", and then paste to your post. Not necessary to join or even sign in.

Good grief - just upload them directly to my BCF server: https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?87521-Posting-pictures-on-BCF

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Great! Think I'll use Google Photos for any sharing. The Flickr procedure isn't friendly to my aged brain. Google Photos lets me right click to get the image location url.

Thank you sir!
TM

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
One more test linked url from Google Photos. What car is this?

Edit: Test with different Google Photos url:

GLG8ecN9synt4nPJOxeCuA5DE8tiZZ7lnLiljFEy5ClbrKosy747KSHrmYLl2gKeR8R_00whb6xLYNtoVEPbVUaWtZkeyfUsblMuTy7elg2L_vCXsvX1ecCSvQYSmcalCb9wgORGpS1uhGn3ZHtP0XQ1-a9wb_ttjguN6oQIcTN0K4CpZKopTXX6FmK7XHeL5xD1bopVP_ZZoewlJkrAcSlp7FTOxzE4ETpxCtW3S934ieUi4rmML33ng2fAlX-DovZNQF7_4-We3_V4h7uqtaG7ZxSo-dzj7h8Vw7J5xiDl2GJ93nqdKX3A1BhnDSZqNBKlFNrmOyNSVYHkYb67AEM_BeEiuLeGI5g0gF9evOx4FmEkFs2JPUI_zD96E8fMc76TQmZ0qfaT7iQo4_C7mJXzIn_LGtQXKR-lSt0_DBG0Dn-0K8S-1W9nVPCsB0eLcFU1Y3h6rh3UtsO7zBCatlaoB9DcqZ7O5BvP3hYkgN43nUT6jmxFMLKTrsROfXuzlwpNyT6aZOwGeYL6vnNn9H02OnnoGTw2Endt-E5JvwnaY1Rfnp_bc3CmuDR-mNfEs8WuOd-oPyKO49hvWTQV6V-8MmLZdtaV93gk9oL71C2m7ei2BqHY=w980-h650-no

:devilgrin:

Last edited:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag