• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Is it only Georgia?

D

Deleted member 8987

Only newer cars..primarily Lexus and BMW's. To keep the delivered cost down, turn signals are optional.
One of the early cars to be "optional" was old VW Bugs.

Oh, and a lot of transit buses don't come with them, either.

Country flag
Florida too I think.... In Illinois the indicator things work backwards - if you use it people cut you off. If you don't they let you right in.... :smile:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
There was a website called the "Highway 17 Page of Shame",
in which a guy commuted from (I think) San Jose to Santa Cruz,& would
post a journal of the bad drivers there.
He did one that was "We drive the Volvo 240 wagon",in which,
he noted several observations -

* The turn signals DO work!

* You can actually drive one in the slow lane!

* They WILL exceed 50 mph!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
On a related note - I've been hearing a Toyota 4WD pickup,
with a really loud exhaust,revving the engine for some time now.
I finally went out to see what the heck was going on,& saw
the driver trying to back up a trailer with a couple of small off-road
vehicles down the ally next to our house,in the dark.It went something
like this.......
Back up,have the trailer come around too far,go forward,
Back up,jackknife the trailer,go forward...........
This has been going on for about 1/2 an hour.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ahhhh.... Boston

D

Deleted member 8987

The folks in neighboring states have a name for Massachusetts drivers.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
They're all wimps! You have to use those muscles to make 'em strong, like in Boston Strong!

"I know this last item sounds unbelievable. We wait tensely at a red light and, the moment it turns green, make a left turn before drivers going the other way have time to react.

Stop signs, we tell everyone, are mere “suggestions.”

At a crowded merge — the Central Artery southbound coming out of the tunnel, for instance — eyes are dead ahead. You let the other guy catch you looking, and you’re doomed.

“A yellow light is just a ripe green,” goes the saying.

We pass on the right. We swerve. We take off abruptly. We stop quickly.

We’re Boston drivers — the name applies even when we live elsewhere in the state. We’re known nationwide, visitors fear to drive in our midst, and we wreak mayhem on the streets.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion...-aren-worst/a4ZPvMYUn3igVc3mzJvT2O/story.html

A lazy, hazy Sunday afternoon on I-93:

Lee_traffic3_met.jpg

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
How do you folks live like that? That's absolutely insane! :eeek: PJ

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Paul - most of us Yankees don't live like that. Check out my part of New England:

Lots of pastures, farms, fishing, forests, hiking, hunting - and history! Not to mention the twisty two-lane blacktop roads we enjoy. Here's Connecticut Rt 169 about five minutes from my house.

View attachment 47462

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Now that is nice! I could live there with no regrets. :encouragement: Tulsa gets pretty jammed up during work traffic hours, but nothing like the I-93 pic. PJ

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
It took almost 2 hours to go not thru but around Atlanta last week. Mostly a crawl and dead stops with an occasional drag race to the next stop. No more cities this trip.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Enjoyed the video of New England. Looks great.

We avoid Atlanta if at all possible. The traffic is cyclic so if you know the correct time to tackle Atlanta it is fine but at the wrong time it is a mess. Atlanta residents do not measure commutes by miles but Hours/Minutes.

David

John Kuzman

Jedi Trainee
As a "snowbird", I take the Atlanta challenge not less than twice a year. Been doing this for 8+ years. Whether I am pulling my car trailer, or just in the truck, I time Atlanta for the 5:30am-6:30am window on Sunday morning. Never really have to lift the pedal during that narrow window. I have done both I-75 straight through, or usually take the 285 by-pass when pulling the trailer.