• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Login problems [not BCF]

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I recently put in a z-wave home controller and for the last two weeks I can remotely login to the controller from my iPhone. All of a sudden I can no longer login from my iPhone. I put in the correct user name and password but the website does not respond.
To add to this confusion I can login using both my daughters and wife's iPhone as well as my desktop.
I cleared the cache on my iPhone but no luck.
Any suggestions?

Basil

Administrator
Boss
The first thing that comes to mind is maybe for some reason your IP address on your phone is being blocked by the website. I'd first do a "what is my IP" search and determine your IP with your iPhone, then email the company and ask them if your IP is being blocked.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thanks Basil but I have a question:
If I can login using my wife's iPhone from our house isn't she using the same IP address?

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Got it, thanks bas.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
If they are the same IP then probably a different issue. Let us know.
Humm.... Both my wife and I have the same IP address. Haven't checked my daughters phone yet.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You've cleared your history and cookies?
That's the first thing I did. Here's one more twist...
i tried legacy."website".com and I was able to login no problem. It's a head scratcher.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Are your phone apps all up to date?

Basil

Administrator
Boss
That's the first thing I did. Here's one more twist...
i tried legacy."website".com and I was able to login no problem. It's a head scratcher.

Strange indeed. You might contact the folks and explain the issue - maybe it's something they have seen before and might have an answer. Worth a try.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Greg- I also addressed that. All three phones are on the same operating system; although not the latest release.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Have you tried completely turning off your phone and restarting?
:yesnod: Sure did. Like I mentioned, I can login on the "legacy" address.
This is baffling to me.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
:yesnod: Sure did. Like I mentioned, I can login on the "legacy" address.
This is baffling to me.

If one iPhone will work, but the other won't try going into settings on both phones and see what, if any, differences there are in the settings.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Greg- I also addressed that. All three phones are on the same operating system; although not the latest release.
I was thinking more about apps as opposed to an OS. I don't know much about the iPhone. Android has separate updates for apps I add to the phone. I use a different web browser and email client that gets updated more often than the OS gets updated. Your being able to use the legacy site makes me think something isn't current.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
If you are using a Z-Wave app to log in, first check to be sure you have the latest version of their app. If so, try this - delete the app from your iPhone, then re-install. I've fixed some weird problems with apps by just reinstalling.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Not using the z-wave app. I just go to the controller website and connect to my hub.
The strange part is that until last week, I had no problem at all logging in.
To recap: for the last two weeks I could login on both my desktop and iPhone; now only the desktop or the legacy site on the phone.
I'll check the settings on all phones to compare them.
Thanks for all your suggestions. When I finally get to the bottom of this you will be the second to know.

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
I occasionally have iOS app problems and resolve them by closing all open apps (double-click on the round button & swipe up on everything that's still alive but hidden). If that fails, then a power-off/power-on (hold the top edge button down for 5 sec or so and wait for it to power off). You said you've tried powering off/on which should kill everything so this might be unnecessary info for you.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thanks John. I did everything you described... Closed everything then powered down and back up again.