• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My First Car - do you have yours to add?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Thought you might like the pic.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Don't think I ever had a pedal car, but did have a soapbox car when I was in grade school.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Great thread idea, J-P. I've no picture, but I had a pedal tractor at age four or five.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Here's my first car. I had to wait until my feet could reach the pedals.
It's a '71 Ford Torino with 302 engine. The photo is just a stock pic; mine was yellow.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 119

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
1940 Chevy coupe, with yellow body and deep blue fenders (school colors)! No pics, sold it when I went in the Navy in 1956. Needless to say it was a fun car and got a lot of attention. :highly_amused: PJ
Not my car, but this is a 40 Chevy coupe and the visor and skirts were very popular back then, mine had them.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Country flag
My first car - stock photo - mine didn't look this good. :smile:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1969_Ford_MustangMach1Fastback_428ci_335HP_V-8.jpg
    1969_Ford_MustangMach1Fastback_428ci_335HP_V-8.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 119

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Pedal car firetruck at about age four or five. First car with an engine was a '65 MGB in 1969.

MikeP

Jedi Knight
Blue plastic Ferrari 166 about 1/16 scale when I was little around 1962, As noted first with an engine was a 65 Sunbeam Alpine in 1974. Still in my garage. In fact, both are..

Last edited:

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
1935 Plymouth. Cost $75 in 1956. Sold for $75 in 1957.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I had a Red IH pedal tractor when I was about four, it got a lot of miles put on it till my dog chewed off one of the front tires.

My first car, which I own to this day.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20141025_105303417.jpg
    IMG_20141025_105303417.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 94

Basil

Administrator
Boss
My actual first car was a 1963 Pontiac Catalina which I bought from a lot for $600. Had that for about a year then traded and bought a 1967 Jaguar E-Type Coupe (Senior Year). My Cat was like this one but light blue metallic paint.

attachment.php

Attachments

• CC-46-022-800.jpg
    CC-46-022-800.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 92

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I had several matchbox cars growing up, I never had a pedal car and had failed attempts at building model kits...

As for full size real-scale... My first car was purchased in 1995, a 1987 Chevy Cavalier, rare 5-speed with a dinky 2 litre engine, not a sports car but it did start my love affair with manual transmission, I owned that car for nine years before I finally retired it, put over 100K kilometres over those nine years of ownership... Photo of the actual car from a mountain drive, not a facsimile...

1485387_f7c84e78f7_z.jpg

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
no pedal car but first real car was a mk1 a40 farina and after that an Austin 1100.

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
attachment.php

My first car. It was Street legal, more or less. We got caught by the CHP with a safety inspection once. After a 32 point write up, we were worried about ever having it on the road again. But another CHP felt sorry for us and allowed us to fix the top 10 items and leave the rest.

Jerry

Attachments

• 66_manx_lead.jpg
    66_manx_lead.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 77
OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
attachment.php

My first car. It was Street legal, more or less. We got caught by the CHP with a safety inspection once. After a 32 point write up, we were worried about ever having it on the road again. But another CHP felt sorry for us and allowed us to fix the top 10 items and leave the rest.

Jerry

Interestingly I parked beside this last Saturday at the cruise night

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
My first car...black '57 Buick Roadmaster bought in 1963. It was a real barge. I had it about a year and and a half then got a '62 TR4...the start of many TR's I've had over the years.

Buick-Roadmaster-75-1957-fq.jpg

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
JP,

I had a similar pedal car to yours. That thing was heavy. Probably could've totaled a new Camry in a crash.

First real car was a '59 Bugeye in '67. Painted it '68 Corvette yellow with a black hardtop. Loved it when it ran, the top was off and the sun was out. Hated it when it wouldn't start, it was snowing and I needed an ice scraper inside the windshield when I was driving.

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Here's mine...still have a weakness for station wagons.

and my first real car...'61 TR3.