• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Visiting London

Superwrench

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I am fortunate enough to be visiting London in May. Want to know what, if any Healey sight seeing I should do ? What sights are there ? I might even get to meet some members from the UK for a cold one ! Thanks, Quick :cheers:

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Superwrench said:
I am fortunate enough to be visiting London in May. Want to know what, if any Healey sight seeing I should do ? What sights are there ?

I might even get to meet some members from the UK for a cold one ! Thanks,

OH!! you just about to mess up for you get over there If you meet a Mate over there just tell him "lets go get a pint" do not mention anything about cold beer--Fwiw--Keoke-- :laugh:

Quick :cheers:

Country flag
How about making a tour of the Morgan factory work its way into your plans?

You should probably book a date, like yesterday...

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
If I had the chance to visit the UK I would have to visit the BMIHT location, also some of the Austin Healey museums as well. Also, why not Perth, where DMH lived and worked.

Now you can even rent a Healey while you're there.

I remember reading in one of the two major AH clubs where they actually listed all the AH 'must see' locations. Might be worth an email to the clubs to find that issue.

Have a safe trip.

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
Last September, I spent a week at a London hotel (touring every day) and another week (also touring every day) staying with Charles Matthews and Pete Farmer, a couple of "Nasty Boy" Healey guys.

Charles arranged a pub dinner with several others with whom I had been Emailing for years, but had never met.

In this picture (facing the camera) are Brian Saul, Charles Matthews, Pete Farmer, Me, and Ian Osborne (of this forum). We had a GREAT time!

ModifiedOwners2.jpg

Email me out of this forum and I'll connect you with Charles Matthews. Charles has 3 Healeys (Bugeye, 100-4, 100S) and knows EVERYBODY Healey in the UK and on the Continent. He can help.....

Tim = timm@healey.org

fwtexasbj8

Country flag
I drove down to Perranporth to see the DMH window in the little church. It was locked up but still very nice and a long but nice drive from Bristol. You can also rent a healey outside Stratfod Upon Avon. Roads are fantastic but the rental was nearly $600 a day! I decided I didn't want to buy it so I went to visit AH Spares and bought toys for mine!

AJAX50

Country flag
It's not Healey, but the Hendon RAF Aircraft Museum is well worth a visit if your interested in thing mechanical. Plenty of US aircraft there, B-17, Mustang...
Let me know the area your staying and I'll try to help you with a pub guide.

OP
Superwrench

Superwrench

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Ajax, Thanks we wll be in the Hanwell area to see family. Then Malvern to the Morgan Motor Co. for the factory tour. Then the Bristol area. I heard the RAF museum is nice also. Thanks for pub guide :cheers:

Country flag
Please take LOTS of pictures at the Morgan factory!

I'll mail you a 1.0GB CompactFlash card, if you need one, I'll even host the pictures online.

PS: extra points for accurate focus AND composition quality :wink:

john_j

Jedi Trainee
Have a look on the AHC UK website www.austin-healey-club.com for the Calendar and Noggin and Natters (pub meetings) to see if there's something going on close to where you will be.

Also you could post on the UK forum https://healey.hyperboards.com and have look to se what's hapenning at the Ace Cafe (north side of London) they have regular classic and other car and bike meets.

First Sunday of the month is Goodwood breakfast club - lost of interesting cars, also look as Goodwood website and find tha calendar, most events there apart for the really big ones are open to the public and free, you can just wander round the paddock.

And as mentioned above, one does not go 'for a cold one', beer is intended to be served at cellar temperature, not cold :smile: although in some pub chains and bars it will be cold which is really annoying, particularly in winter!

John