• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Todays Paper - new MG

Branson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
on a positive note.....its creating assembly line jobs in oklahoma....we lost a big GM plant in the last few years

unfortunately theres nothing british about the cars that they will be producing

Atrus

Jedi Warrior
Eh, I liken it to the mini. I am indifferent about it, just like the charger, everyone knows the difference between the old one and the new one.

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
I agree Kevin, the only way (in a selfish way) this would affect me is if the value of my vehicles went up or down.
My (our) cars are our piece of history, and if these MGs were built on Mars, our cars are still ours.
Mine says 'Morris Garages' and built in Abingdon and that's all that really matters to me.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
So far the "official" word is "that wasn't official". We'll just have to wait. True, it wouldn't really be an MG but it still would be kind of neat to have a "sports car" built right here in Oklahoma, even if it is Chinese. There has proven lately to be a pretty good market for roadsters but I always questioned how well the coupes would sell. Last I heard that was all they would build here. The oen cars are now built in China and rumored to be back in production in the UK soon.

Shealey

Jedi Trainee
I wonder if they read that rustoleum post. Maybe they'll paint them with a brush. Seriously... In the spirit of a cheap sports car I hope they are affordable and fun.

G

Bayless & Branson - Oklahoma here also. I live in Edmond near Quail Spings Mall. Hope the weather is nice on Saturday because the Oklahoma MG Club is planning to go to Hallett Raceway for the vintage races. Are you guys planning on going?

Morris

Yoda
I heard from a very unofficial source that they will be priced in the $30K-$50K range. I predict the MG marque will go down for the 3rd and final time.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'm in The Village so not too far from Tony. Where are you Branson? Can't go anywhere Saturday. Chained to this computer until I finish a project :-(

Shealey

Jedi Trainee
I would say if they plan on making it as a sport car company they need to keep the cost down and punch em out like McDonalds cheese burgers.

G

Bayless - Don't worry about missing anything because you need to complete a project. If this rain keeps up I won't be going to Hallett tomorrow. Looks like it is going to be a wash out.

terriphill

Darth Vader
OK...How did the re-introduction of the mini cooper affect the price of the originals? I know it brought thoses vehicles to my attention. Did the new VW beetle make the originals more valuable?
Too be honest, all I really care about is that you see a re-newed interest in the midget (and other LBC's) A little selfish, but hey sometimes its all about me.

Branson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Im in linwood off of Hefner Parkway and NW 23rd...Theres a guy around the corner that dragged home a blue mid 60's midget a few days ago....guess I need to stop by and introduce myself....was kinda hoping that might have been you /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif