• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Things That You Find Funny

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
While at a stoplight yesterday,I saw a Papa John's Pizza
delivery vehicle.It was a newer smaller Lexus SUV.
Whatever happened to the beater Corollas?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The delivery fee.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
While at a stoplight yesterday,I saw a Papa John's Pizza
delivery vehicle.It was a newer smaller Lexus SUV.
Whatever happened to the beater Corollas?

More likely paying for the Lexus - lots of Uber eats drivers around here in Beemers and Benzes - especially now.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
More likely paying for the Lexus - lots of Uber eats drivers around here in Beemers and Benzes - especially now.

A reflection of the job market, perhaps. (Not defending spending beyond budget on a car, rather that gig jobs are available when many others are not.)

Country flag
A lot of the economy is becoming gig employment. Know quite a few IT people who do JAVA and UNIX type work who can't find, even before the pandemic, permanent positions. And even in a company job myself, they've sold us to other companies twice in a year and a half. There are times when being towards the end of the roller coaster rather than a 20 something isn't a bad thing...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A lot of the economy is becoming gig employment. Know quite a few IT people who do JAVA and UNIX type work who can't find, even before the pandemic, permanent positions. And even in a company job myself, they've sold us to other companies twice in a year and a half. There are times when being towards the end of the roller coaster rather than a 20 something isn't a bad thing...

Got to agree, Mike. Been doing independent IT work as a consultant to small businesses in our area for a few decades now. Things have gotten REALLY slow lately.

Country flag
I've been fortunate within IT myself, I do mainframe DB2 and general support. Lots of big finance and insurance still use that but the pool of experienced people gets smaller every year, so there's a limit to how much they can dump on us. Unlike web apps and products, the younger folks generally don't want to do what I do. So I've managed almost 40 years now and this is the first time I was "outsourced" to someone else.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
We bought Grand Prix beer at the PX at Fort Hood, TX for $.10 a can.....and it was overpriced!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag

Basil

Administrator
Boss
��������

Unfortunately Apple iPhone icons don't work - :wink-new: << Use the Smilies built in to the editor. :cool:

This is weird. They don't show up (for me) in your original post, but when I quote you I can see them. Go figure.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Unfortunately Apple iPhone icons don't work - :wink-new: << Use the Smilies built in to the editor. :cool:

This is weird. They don't show up (for me) in your original post, but when I quote you I can see them. Go figure.
I can't see them either place.