• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Things That You Find Funny

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I've never been a fan of ready roll cigarettes. I'll sit down and smoke a cigar or a pipe on occasion but packaged cigarettes taste like burning trash to me.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My father had to have part of his lung removed from cancer. My mom told him he could have one cigarette today and the next day forward none. He did it, and outlived her.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
There was an article in today's paper about 100 years of the
City Manager in Salem,Virginia.
One story was that a Salem resident called the then City Manager
to complain about a street light being out.This was at 3 AM.
Later that day,the Manager called Public Works to have them
fix the street light.He then called back the resident,to inform him
that it had been repaired.........at 3 AM.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
:lol:

sooo true! When I tell some 'younger' folk we've adopted the three cats and named them Lucy, Fred and Ethel, we get blank stares. The "seasoned" ones break out in laughter.
About three years ago after officiating a soccer game I was approached by the 18 year old field marshal to get my signature. When he got close he asked “what’s your name”?
I said “Alfred E. Neuman”. I had to stop him from writing that down. He didn’t have a clue what the name meant.
I told him to look it up.

Last edited:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
About three years ago after officiating a soccer game I was approached by the 18 year old field marshal to get my signature. When he got close he asked “what’s your name”?
I said “Alfred E. Newman”. I had to stop him from writing that down. He didn’t have a clue what the name meant.
"What, me worry?"

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I said “Alfred E. Neuman”. I had to stop him from writing that down. He didn’t have a clue what the name meant.
At least you didn't tell him Puddin Tain.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
At least you didn't tell him Puddin Tain.
Have to admit I had to look that one up. It’s from’63!!! The doc might remember it but I’m way too young :devilgrin:

Last edited:
OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Then he'd probably "tell you the same" thing.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Have to admit I had to look that one up. It’s from’63!!! The doc might remember it but I’m way too young :devilgrin:
It goes back way further than that. It was in a 1936 movie called "The Milky Way", and some sites suggest it is a child's rhyme as old as the 17th Century, or even earlier.

You idiot! Don't write that down - his name ain't Puddin' Tame!

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
On the front page of the local paper,there was an article about
an event at a local museum.There was a representitive from our local
zoo.She was the education manager.
Her name - Bambi Godkin.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Knew a family long ago, dad's friends Fred Ringer and wife. Fred wanted to name his newborn daughter Belle... his wife vetoed it.