• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Sliding yoke

OP
Agrandshort

Agrandshort

Freshman Member
Silver
Country flag
IMG_2567 (1).jpg
So after I got this yoke cleaned up. I unscrewed the dust cap and tried to pull off the "sliding" yoke. It did not. Found that it had a set screw holding it on. Is this suppose to be a set screw or a greaseable zerk?

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
There should be a grease fitting on the yoke. If it is not visible elsewhere on the yoke, then your circle is where it apparently broke off.

Frank Canale

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Sorry it has taken so long to get this posted but maybe it will help. Yes there should be a grease fitting on the yoke. Frank
IMG_0927.jpg

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Funny story...

The first time I disassembled a slip joint I didn't know the seal was there. I just pulled the 2 apart by the hardest. When it came time to put it back together, the old seal had perfect teeth cut into it, and I thought that is how it was supposed to look. I even spent a couple hours in CAD programming to cut a new cork seal with the same perfect teeth marks. Of course I later found out that the seal only had the teeth because I screwed up removing the yoke!! It only takes 2 minutes to program the cutter for a round seal, LOL.

mctriumph

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Do not dream for a minute that the factory did everything to spec. All I am saying is
it is good to know for sure. "Done right, done once" as it has been said.
Merry Christmas Crusty
Mad dog

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
You will likely be good just putting it back, especially if you kept the yoke in the same orientation. If you end up with a high frequency vibration, then you can always pull it back out to be balanced. I have always sent them to a driveline shop...which is getting hard to find these days.

OP
Agrandshort

Agrandshort

Freshman Member
Silver
Country flag
After some consideration, I decided I better get it balanced before returning it to the car. Thank you all for the recommendations.