• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Reference check request

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
Hi guys - I'm about to buy a car from David Porter in New Mexico and I was hoping to get a quick reference check from you all since he is a big Healey guy.

I feel kind of bad for doing this since I have no reason to suspect David is anything other than a stand-up guy, and he was great to deal with on the phone.

I had a REALLY bad experience a little bit ago from a "dealer", so I'm still a bit gun shy about buying remotely.

Again - David was great to deal with on the phone and I am in no way raising any issues with him, just looking for some comfort before I finalize everything...

Thanks,

Tom

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Dave is a regular on the Healey E-mail list "Taos Garage" or something like that is his shop right? I have not had business dealing with him, but he seems to know his stuff and has a genuine interest in the cars (as opposed to someone who sees them only as a way to make a buck)

Greg

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif

Agatha A Healey (100-M) and I know Dave personally. He was singlehandedly responsible for taking this 'parts car' to her present state of high glamour. Not only is he an expert on all LBC's, he is also the kind of guy you wouldn't expect to be in the business of selling, repairing, restoring, etc. <u>He's honest and very knowledgable in his field. </u> There isn't enough space here to extoll his virtues. This forum was responsible for leading me to Dave via our esteemed leader, Basil. Were it not for the forum leading us to Dave who knows what might have transpired. I suspect not as good a job and certainly at a lot more dollars.

In our book Dave is an A+.

If you go to member's pictures you can see some photos of Agatha. Dave is also the guy we go to for any problems with Onslow - our 96 Jaguar.

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif

OP
T

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
Thanks guys.

Dave actually suggested that I check with you all here, but maybe we should respond via Private Messages, just to be extra sure that I'm handling this correctly and respecting Dave's business.

Again - I have absolutely no reason in any way, shape, or form to suggest that Dave is anything other than a stand-up guy.

Sounds like I'm lucky to have connected with him!

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
"Sounds like I'm lucky to have connected with him!"

You are and I did reply to your PM.