• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

parting out two Bs

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Circumstances have dictated that I part out two MGBs. I have a 71 GT...and an old B roadster. lots of parts. I hired a guy thats not familiar with British cars but can run a sawzall and a torch. We're on a time crunch so by Monday everything will be ready to go to the recyclers. Please let me know asap...I have quite a few dual carb set-ups...I do have one good set promised to jlaird....I haven't forgotten J. Anyhow...I got lots of stuff like a foldaway top and brace rod, lots of instruments and switches, engine stuff and a couple on trannies(non o/d..the two o/d one are spoken for) wheels..steel and wire. Way too much to list. I know this isn't the place to list this so if it gets deleted thats okay...I just figured this gets looked at fast and often. Thx.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I knew that would be one of the first questions...and I'll say maybe..I'll try to get a more complete list of parts by tomorrow.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Oh goodie, working on parts for engine upgrade in the future. A 948 with all the good stuff just for fun.

Not sure but with this 948 bored out to 998 it could prob use the H2's just the way it is even.

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
If the GT windshield wipers / arms are in good shape (Steel ones right?) I'll be happy to pay.
Also, Off side mirror, rear tail lenses, angle drive & cable for speedo......
That would be awesome! Thanks!

Oh, and an ignition barrel and key if they work. Cheers.

Steve_S

Yoda
I'm interested in the early car. How early? There are lots of parts I would be interested in, at least to save them from the scrapper.

jjbunn

Jedi Knight
Jack,

I'm interested in a hood/bonnet if in good nick. Probably a bear to ship, though. Of course I'd cover the costs.

Also the rear seats from the GT, if not torn/crumpled etc..

Best wishes,
Julian

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Jacks going to have to buy stock in a transport company.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I have so much stuff..I have a couple of pals that are organized...not like me...that are coming in today and searching thru my parts. Also pulling a 64 B roadster in to strip..cut in half and haul off. Was an o/d car, has the switch on the dash. Wire wheel car that still has all the gages and switches. Body is poor but will totally strip it. I have boxes in the loft, under benches in the assembly side of the shop, a parts GT crammed to the roof and other parts we're still uncovering. I wish someone would come with a truck and fill up.