• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

parting out a 64 "B"

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
parting out a 64 "B"

My brother and a friend are getting ready to part out a very rusty 1964 MGB (early pull-handle car)anyone who has specific part needs send me a PM. I rarely get up here in the MG forum so I might miss a reply to this post.
the car is in Geneva NY at the north end of Seneca lake, I'm in the southern tier, Elmira area, on the PA border so that's the "dilivery area" for anything really big (I.E. if someone needed the doors), the rest we can ship.
I have not seen the car myself, but he says the interior is in decent shape. engine is locked up, body is very rusty and has some minor corner damage. I can get details if there's any intrest.
Thanks guys! Happy motoring!

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Re: parting out a 64 "B"

If you can get some pics of the decent parts, I'd take a look. What color are the door panels and how decent are they?

1965_MGB

Jedi Warrior

Wow, I could use the doors you mention, but getting to NY is a bit of a drive from Fl.

OP
Banjo

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag

Well, my brother sent me som pics. I gotta get 'em transferred over so I can post 'em. Steel blue, wire wheel, factory hardtop, black seats, int door panals look poor and are blue. the doors themselves have the "crack of doom" starting Lots of rust, not much is gonna be very valuable. mebbe the hardtop and the seats. the rest of it is pretty beat up. Bro says the whole car can be had right now, but it'll get parted soon.
It's right on the ragged edge where I'd almost want to fix the necessary stuff and drive it, but I'm broke right now so it ain't gonna happen.
the pics I have don't show much detail. just overall views of the car.

OP
Banjo

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag

gotcha Marc. Dave, yes it has bumpers, but they are not in great shape. I'm hoping to have pics to post by tonight.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Banjo - can you cut the front fenders & send me the areas around the park lights?