• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

NASCAR, I'm done.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
NASCAR has become nothing but a demolition derby anymore and I don't get much out of it like I used to! I love circle track racing, but I now have switched to F1 racing and enjoy it much more. Different crowd for sure. PJ :thumbsup2:

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I have given up as well. When you can’t purchase the car they are racing, then it is no longer “stock car racing”.
Was an F1 fan back in the Schumacher days, but got sick of all the rules and on track penalties.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
From the early days of Lotus in F-1, Jim Clark winning Indy, that was when all my attention went to road racing and Formula-1. Only way we had of following racing or rally in Europe was Competition Press & Autoweek. Had to wait for the mail delivery to find out the results of most events. The roundy-round racing here in the States had no appeal to me. Dad's friends drove T-Series MG's and 120 Jag's. A family album has a photo of me as a toddler, taking a screwdriver to the doorlatch of an XK-120. F-1 has been changed into something Chapman wouldn't recognize, the neo-fans haven't a clue what's going on, the "rules" and governing body have made it into a revenue generator. I blame Bernie E. for my not being able to afford to buy even a "general admission" ticket. From 1969 until the last event at The Glen, it was "The Annual Pilgrimage" for many of us. No more. Now the best seat in the house is a subscription to F1.tv.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I like the newer Q1, Q2, and Q3 qualifying procedures as you're not setting for an hour waiting for each car to qualify as with the older method! The Q method separates the fastest from the slowest cars quickly. (y)

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I stopped watching NASCAR when they started the 3 races in.a.race system.and the championship points system. Race the full 300-500 miles like they used too. Watch some LeMans, Daytona and Sebring. Will watch Performance Rallys.and Pikes Peak.when televised. Good old.Dakar.is still interesting, especially after.Kenny Wallace.gave up.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
From the early days of Lotus in F-1, Jim Clark winning Indy, that was when all my attention went to road racing and Formula-1. Only way we had of following racing or rally in Europe was Competition Press & Autoweek. Had to wait for the mail delivery to find out the results of most events. The roundy-round racing here in the States had no appeal to me. Dad's friends drove T-Series MG's and 120 Jag's. A family album has a photo of me as a toddler, taking a screwdriver to the doorlatch of an XK-120. F-1 has been changed into something Chapman wouldn't recognize, the neo-fans haven't a clue what's going on, the "rules" and governing body have made it into a revenue generator. I blame Bernie E. for my not being able to afford to buy even a "general admission" ticket. From 1969 until the last event at The Glen, it was "The Annual Pilgrimage" for many of us. No more. Now the best seat in the house is a subscription to F1.tv.

Supposedly true story - When Bernie got bit by a dog,
people were asking "How's the dog doing?"

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My bad, not Kenny Wallace, but Robbie Gordan, I am faster but never finish.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It's pretty bad when you have to look for the logo on the race car
to tell what it's supposed to be.
I wonder how many fans they'll have when they go to electric cars?

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
And the whinning among the drivers.

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
My bad, not Kenny Wallace, but Robbie Gordan, I am faster but never finish.
I really liked Kenny Wallace, but Robbie Gordan cheated too much for me.