• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Mustang II

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Man, it's been a long time since I've seen one of these in the wild.

This one was a white, notch-back and perfectly straight with no obvious damage. Even rarer as the very few others I've seen over the last decade have been really beat.

As reviled as it was among the Mustang faithful, Ford actually actually sold a boatload of them. It helped keep them afloat through the dark times and kept the Mustang moniker alive until the Fox bodies arrived.

And the modular independent front ends with rack and pinion steering scavenged from them made many a hot rod sort of driveable.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I was looking through the Medford & Roseburg,Oregon craigslists,
& found 3-4 of those for sale.

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
I had a white M-II back in '74.

bought it new, stripped down for about $2200.00 (which to me, at the time, was the equivalent of the national debt).
It was unremarkable in every way, but it got me through college years, traveling across TX many many times.

IMG_0005.jpg

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Thinking that the two most remarkable Mustang II's were the ones driven by Charlie's Angels.

292294__03046.1350039573.500.500.jpg

76%2Bcobra%2Bd.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
A friend and I got my first speeding ticket in it driving as designated driver. To this day I believe I was given it wrongly. The muffler had blown and was very loud - I would have known I was speeding, it wasn't my car and it was just an area where the secondary highway passed close to the main highway - I am sure he got a radar reading from that. sigh.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I bought a new 74 Mustang Mach 1, no A/C, radio delete with the 2.8 V-6, 4-speed, with 3:55 locker, for $3200. After replacing the plastic timing gear and eliminating the decal valve, along with timing and ignition upgrades, it would rev to 7500 rpm with ease. Added gauges where the A/C vents would have been. Never did get headers, ran good enough not to be a slouch. Drove for 2 yrs. and traded in on a Ranchero. Almost bought a messed up 78 Cobra, just to set up for Solo. Parts are easy, but now front suspension assemblies are a hot item for rods.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
In the post 1973 oil-embargo days , these were a hot commodity. It was Ford's good fortune to have brought out these lighter and more fuel efficient cars at the exact right time when gas prices took their first spike. They may have been unremarkable, but so was just about everything else Detroit produced during that time.

OTOH, my father bought a Buick LeSabre only a couple of weeks before the embargo. He likened it to buying stock at the beginning of October 1929.