• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

94 Mustang GT

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
A G.I. freind has had a 94 Mustang GT for a while and has come to the conclusion I need it worse than he does. Bright red, saddle brown leather. Its a five speed and loaded.Previous owner...also military...decided to tear the engine down and basically throw money...lots of money..at the engine. Over $800 in the heads alone, competition clutch, racing cam, lifters, new high flow injection system....literally thousands of dollars. Ceramic headers, 3 inch exhaust...you name it. I have a freind thats a performance engine builder so Tuesday all the parts go to his shop..and I take the car and wait for the engine. The wife is shocked its so nice....and so cheap. So when the 65 Mustang gets done....she has a choice of cars. I'll get some pics and load them up.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Mustangs are some serious bang-for-the-buck. Is the 94 the Fox or the SN95? I can't remember when the cutoff was. Nice find for you!

An ex-girlfriend had a 90 GT that her ex husband had done lots of work to. She got it in the divorce (surprised the heck out of her ex). Very quick, very fun. Don't miss the ex, but I do miss the car. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Finally got all the parts rounded up, loaded in the truck and car up on the dolly. My wife can't wait...my daughter is jealous and my son thinks I've slipped a gear...I think hes just worried he'll turn into me...Toady everything gets inventoried...and whatever needs to get ordered gets on the way. My pal the engine builder is taking the parts to his shop and give me an estimate. I'd do it myself but have a few last projects to complete before the doors are shut for good. I'll post a few picks tonite.

Bret

Yoda
drooartz said:
Mustangs are some serious bang-for-the-buck. Is the 94 the Fox or the SN95? I can't remember when the cutoff was. Nice find for you!
The 94 was the first year of the re-design from the Box bodies and used an updated & improved Fox platform.

I perefer the Box bodies (79-93) personally over what I call the Swoppy Aero bodies (94-98). The Mustang did see some improvments with when the Aero bodie got a more "chizled" makeover (99-04) that was somewhat more apealing.

Still a 94 GT should still have the old push-rod 5.0L rather than the modular 4.6L that took top billing in 1996. I liked those old Ford push-rod V8s.

Anyay it sounds like you got a great deal post some pics when you get the chance.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Its a 5.0 roller motor, melling cam, BNN ceramic headers, tons of work done on heads, all the speed mods, 5 speed, 3 inch exhaust...lots of fun stuff.

Bret

Yoda
Wow! All that and a 5.0L too. What I like about her is there isn’t a hint externally of what lays beneath the hood.

I'm telling you it's going to really surprise someone who thinks there lining up against a run-of-the-mill plain Jane Mustang GT.

Edit: Stock wheels too!

Very stealthy.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Very nice, thanks for sharing the pics.

1960AH_Pops

They are great engines, I have a 86GT I bought that was smashed. I replaced the entire front clip/all new interior/new suspension/King cobra clutch/ect..ect..ect.. I also put on a cobra intake, GT40 heads and a supercharger. I dynoed 365rwhp and 390rwtq untuned and letting out at 5200 because it started to go lean(11psi). I have put in a larger fuel system and am now pushing 15psi and hoping the next dyno will be around 450rwhp.

If you have any questions about Mustangs feel free to send me a PM, there isnt much I dont know about them. here are a couple pics of mine, this is before the 01GT front seats.
https://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1425/s4020325vj7.jpg
https://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1758/2867/28025.jpg

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Yesterday I had to order a water pump...had to come overnite from Ford in Dallas. By noon it should be about ready to drop in. Tuesday I fly to Tampa and pick up the 94 GT vert we bought off E-Bay. Should be a good road check from Fl. back to New Mexico.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Did ya get a chance to take photos of those 2 MGC GT's, Jack? Yours & the rolling bodyshell?