• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGB MGB Hardtop

healeygal

Jedi Warrior
Hello all,

Aggravating incident aside, can anyone tell me what brand of hardtop is on the car? I don't think it's factory, but not sure. Thanks.

Sharon

Attachments

• 150379-MGB.jpg
    150379-MGB.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 120

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
yup... same as the SnugTop on my B

G

Steve, you need pictures of a Factory and Parrish Top to somewhat complete that photo collection.

Agreed, it looks like a Snugtop. But tell me more about the car. It looks like a 62/63 because of the painted rear bumper filler plates, but why is it being loaded on a flatbed?

Steve_S

Yoda
There are a lot of photos I could use, I just need to take the time to seek them out. John was kind enough to send me a photo of his Parish top which will be uploaded tomorrow.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
front end get damaged some how? looks like the bonnet is zigging when it should be zagging...

Nice addition to your sig Steve_S... heh

Steve_S

Yoda
THe rocket booster was too powerful for the frame's structural integrity. Hehe! It's temporary. I was just having fun with Photoshop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OP
H

healeygal

Jedi Warrior
Hi lbcnut,

Well, the car is #25066. It's a '64 that my sisters and I inherited from our brother a few years ago. It's been sitting for almost 18 years. He had stopped driving it because he thought the bearings were going out. I believe the original color was pale blue (painted yellow by the previous owner). I've always liked the hardtop on it (another better view attached.)

A fellow Healey club member (bless his hart) has been working on getting it going again - oil change, brake kits, filters, hoses, clean up the carbs, new plugs, wires, etc. He got it running, and throwing caution to the wind, I decided I wanted to drive it to his place 120 miles away for further fine tuning rather than have it towed. We've listened carefully to the engine upon acceleration, and it doesn't seem to have that rat-tat-tat sound that I've become so familiar with in my Healey (a long, sad story). Anyway, we made it ten miles down the road and started losing power. Sat a while, started it up, ran again, starting losing power again...definitely not a good way to go 120 miles on the freeway system here in So Cal, so with common sense finally getting the best of me, called the auto club. This last week, with a few more refinements, drove around town a bit, and it seems to be running well. Next week, a new muffler, and the sister who knows how to drive a stick will be nowhere in sight while I sit here waiting for my Healey to come home!

Bottom line, it's a nice little car! Actually, all the years sitting, it looked in better shape than my Healey, until her paint job. And it feels a bit more modern - disk brakes, door handles, windows even - what more could anyone ask?

Sharon
'54 AH

Attachments

• 150483-PB120442.JPG
    150483-PB120442.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 56
G

Neat story. The reason I was surprised to see it on a flatbed is that it looks way too clean and shiny to be a car that has sat for 18 years! Wish the cars I found that had sat that long looked that nice.....

OP
H

healeygal

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]
Neat story. The reason I was surprised to see it on a flatbed is that it looks way too clean and shiny to be a car that has sat for 18 years! Wish the cars I found that had sat that long looked that nice.....

[/ QUOTE ]

A contributing factor may have been the fact that as it sat for so many years, I would polish it up occasionally - it always looked too nice to just be sitting there! We're taking it out today for a practice run - my sister hasn't driven a stick in probably 20 years - her old '65 VW!

Sharon

OP
H

healeygal

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]
Great story! I'm glad the car will be staying in the family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely!

John,

I've got a '54 BN1, which is the Healey Hundred, that I bought back in 1976 for $1100, a few months before my brother bought his MGB. (He used to call mine round and bulbous; I'd call his square and boxy; but of course, they're both wonderful!) A rebuild of my Healey from June of '04 disintegrated after 13,000 miles, and is currently being rebuilt ELSEWHERE. Machine work will be done in two weeks, reassembly after that, and I hope to be on the road come the new year!

Sharon
BN1 on the mend

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
VERY Nice! I love the 100's! Maybe someday I can get my hands on one. Definitely one of the great British sports cars.