• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

T-Series mg tc-chevy s-10

i know how alot of guys feel about changing out original engines, but i cought some of "my classis car" yesterday and a guy had an m.g. t.c. that hed put a 6cyl s-10 blazer engine in that had one carb and a blower on it, he said the engine slipped right in with no modifications to car or motor, well anyway i thought it was cool. :savewave:

D

Deleted member 8987

Usually a V-8 required side panel removal.
Old engines, the generator was right behind the left headlight.

60 degree v-6, depends on year, the 2.8's were called "milkshake motors", due to the frequent failure of the water jacket ports on the intake gasket, all the anti-freeze dumping into the crankcase, and being pastuerized through the oil pump.
Looked like a chocolate milkshake inside.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
TOC said:
Usually a V-8 required side panel removal.
Old engines, the generator was right behind the left headlight.

60 degree v-6, depends on year, the 2.8's were called "milkshake motors", due to the frequent failure of the water jacket ports on the intake gasket, all the anti-freeze dumping into the crankcase, and being pastuerized through the oil pump.
Looked like a chocolate milkshake inside.

Back in the 60s, I remember reading an article in "Popular Mechanics", where a small block Chevy V8 was put in a TD. The only indication that something was amiss, was a blister on the left hand side panel so the generator wouldn't touch. It was a snug fit. PJ

billspohn

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Used to see this all the time on the old days.
Often ended up with a car that didn't have enough brakes for the engine.

As pointed out, kind of a shame to do it today. Better to butcher an MGB - tons of them around and no one will miss a few (or a few thousand) of the rubber bumper versions.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Yeah, I agree. Seems a shame to spoil a T Series car.

Do it to an MGB.

Or *any* Triumph. :jester:

I recall seeing Ford flathead V8s in T Series MGs in the old days. Also, Volvo B16 fours.

Here's a TD-Ford flathead project

8_2009110821175823602_20051574307095_1259086752.jpg

OP
A
billspohn said:
Used to see this all the time on the old days.
Often ended up with a car that didn't have enough brakes for the engine.

"As pointed out, kind of a shame to do it today. Better to butcher an MGB - tons of them around and no one will miss a few (or a few thousand) of the rubber bumper versions." - i never did enjoy the "rubber bumber-bumbper cars",
billspohn, oh yes!, id heard that about the healeys, " oh please anthony 7777 just take it away, it can't be fixed", thats why ive done so well with them, i agree braking could be a problem, however as weve seen with the healeys a 283chev. or for that instance a 327 or even 350 is still lighter then an original healey motor, i was not taking that into account since the owner stated he did some "vintage racing', what ever that means..?, iv'e never raced unless it ment possible death or big money, oh ya!,try me !,he also said they would not allow him to race in that catg. with an original fuel tank so a 5.gal fuel cell was installed for racing. all of this was not the direction i indended it to go, i might not agree that a dodge vipar engine should be installed in a vw rabbit but id respect anyone that might try to do so, i was simply trying to help perhaps expand on the tallent that "SOME" of us have in creating our vision, "sad to say not enough"...qt.-..enola gay...