• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MG 2006 - Gatlinburg, TN - June 21-25

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Re: Poly bushings for a MGC

Good - now to get it out of the paint booth in time to put it together....here's my engine - Glenn Towry built it!

boxerv8.JPG

Mike Cook

Tony.

You can make it, take your V8 to the 2006 meet, we all want to see it. I may take both of mine, definately the Silver Lady and maybe the Red 3.5 (VROOM8). The 2004 meet in New Jersey, if my memory serves me right had about 14 cars in the V8 class.
Mike Cook

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Mike - I'm thinking that even if it isn't finished I might winch it up on the trailer & bring to the V8 show.

danmas

Jedi Trainee
[ QUOTE ]
Mike - I'm thinking that even if it isn't finished I might winch it up on the trailer & bring to the V8 show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Yep - for one of our local shows, I brought the frame for the TR3 when I was restoring it - had just installed the engine and trans. Got lots of lookers - neat to see a work in progress.

Mickey

kbash

Jedi Trainee
I want a nice engine like that,lookening good Tony. It nice to see progress in my project and others.

kbash

Jedi Trainee
Well I plan on attending it, with my father and car clubs.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Bazul. ~smiles sweetly, bats eyes~

Can we have ONE more sticky, for the V8 gathering and MG2006 combined? Where people can add their names that are going, where they stay? No chit chat, just a list of people planning on going?

PWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Well, after seeing the photos of the trucks on the dragon, I don't think that I'm going to take a chance on messing up over two years of work by taking the "B" on it and chancing meeting up with one. I don't understand why trucks over a specified length and width are not banned from driving on it. PJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Rick Ingram is going to have the local car club (correct me if I'm wrong) put together a list of 'drives.' TOTDragon won't be the only road on the list I'm sure. Joe Reed & Naomi have both already given me other, alternate routes (or additional routes) I'm doing the Dragon. Most probably alone because I'll puke & die if Chuck drives - and if I drive, I'll have to toss him out on one of the hairpin turns because he's a HORRIBLE rightseat driver.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Well, I rebuilt the B to drive, not to show. So were going to do a lot of driving, but not on the Dragon. Also we canceled out of the KOA in Pigeon Forge and are going to stay at the Holly Haven RV Park on Wears Valley Rd. from the 19th to the 26th.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Paul I drive the wheels off Emma and still stick her in the shows. There's a huge list of driving roads listed on MGBE, and you can go to www.tailofthedragon.com and check out the other 'scenic routes' they have listed there.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thanks! will check it out.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Greetings!

The website for MG 2006 - [https://www.mg2006.com] - has recently been updated.

Important information concerning TRAILER PARKING, the CAR SHOW, tours of the BILTMORE ESTATE, and information regarding PET FRIENDLY HOTELS can be found on the opening page.

I have also learned that some of our enthusiasts are calling the hotels at which we have room blocks to make new reservations or to edit existing reservations only to find that "the hotel is blocked by a corporation" or "we don't have any information regarding your reservation".

ALL RESERVATIONS AND CHANGES TO EXISTING RESERVATIONS MUST GO THROUGH THE MG2006 WEBSITE.

The hotel staff does NOT, at this time, have any information regarding reservations for the event.

We currently have rooms available at three of the properties - The Holiday Inn Sunspree, the Park Vista, and the Microtel.

As changes in the weather brings Spring, I anticipate the availability of these rooms to decrease rapidly....and recommend that you make your event registration AND your room reservations THROUGH THE WEBSITE today!

Regards....

Rick Ingram

Paul....don't let pictures posted on the web take the enjoyment that the Tail offers....

the Tail is NOT a super-speedway (although some of the two-wheeled rice burners attempt to make it that at times)

Your MG will not be complete without a Dragon sticker or pin on it somewhere!

May 15th is the final day for "early-bird" registration for MG2006 - after that, registration fees increase by $15.

Save money NOW by going to www.mg2006.com and getting registered!