• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Is it ever going to get summer?

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
I only have had the midget out with the top down a couple times this year. It seems like winter is still not over yet. I been riding my motorcycle about every day but this week(got a crumby cold). I took the midget out to get some gas Monday and had a log sleeve shirt on and a my teeth were chattering by the time I had filled it up and I had the heater valve on and it was toasty warm inside the car. Seems this winter has dragged on with only a few days of warmth. I live in the hills and the only fun places to ride are farther up in the hills where it drops another 10-20 degrees. This might sound crazy but I am much colder in the midget with the top down and the heater turned on, than I am on the motorcycle with all my cold weather gear on. I guess I am just ready for hot weather. Hope its warm at Elkhart lake. Just made a fire in the wood stove. Think I want to move South and live in LA with Jack right now, I hate having a cold. The only cure for it seems to be scotch :wink:

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Kim,

It's been 10 straight days of rain and gloom in Dayton. I got home from Columbus tonight and wife needed stuff from the store. I decided the H_ll with the rain and drizzle, Bugsy was coming out sans top to be driven, I didn't care any more. Off on my errand top down getting a little bit damp but I couldn't stand it anymore. Weekend promises 5-6 days of sunshine finally.

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
Jim_Gruber said:
Kim,

It's been 10 straight days of rain and gloom in Dayton. I got home from Columbus tonight and wife needed stuff from the store. I decided the H_ll with the rain and drizzle, Bugsy was coming out sans top to be driven, I didn't care any more. Off on my errand top down getting a little bit damp but I couldn't stand it anymore. Weekend promises 5-6 days of sunshine finally.
If I didn't have this cold then I would be there too. I am feeling like a shut in or something. Cabin fever? Never felt I understood that meaning until now. Oh, wife said "it got warm today" as she is walking around wearing a big coat inside the house where it is in the 70s, Lol. I think we are both going crazy.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It was about 65 degrees here today,but since I went to work
at 4AM,was not real motivated to do all that much.

- Doug

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Cabin fever here for sure. Have had a few days with the cars, but mostly rain and snow. I actually drove over to my storage unit tonight just so I could sit in the Tunebug for a few minutes. Haven't even started the motorcycle up this year.

Everyone I work with is done with it. Taken at my office today, more of the same expected on Friday.

mayisnovember.jpg

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Kim we rented a place at Highlands for 10 jul - 10 aug. Think nice weather away from the sticky down here.

Jimflorida

Jedi Trainee
Well, it is 96 here today in Orlando. The garage is like a blast furnace. I am pretty sure summer has arrived in Florida. Jim

mxp01

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
It's been in the mid-80s here in Nassau for the last 3-4 months and very dry with clear, blue-blue skies. Took the BE out on Friday night, from Cable Beach to Yamacraw Village in the east. Moonlight shining over Paradise Island as I drove out on the Eastern Road with the top down. The BE is as nimble as one can imagine through the roundabouts, with the 1275 really puting out those extra HP that can really be appreciated on the tight roads of this small island.

But - rainy season starts in a few weeks...

Mike Pennell
Cable Beach
New Providence Island
The Bahamas

sqbsprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
It was 93 here today.More of the same predicted this week. I think we skipped May and went into July. I need to get my radiator problem remedied soon.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
No Kim, Miss Agatha will not make it. My new family car will not tow her. Durn shame that.

HAN8L1965

Jedi Warrior
Ah Jack, Highlands, my inlaws just moved from Cashiers/Higlands after 15 years, one of the greatest areas on earth, I hope some day to have my ashes thrown from the top of Whiteside Mountain, what a way to go, enjoy your stay.

Mark

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My wifes new tow car is an Acura, bummer that. Yep my truck will tow Miss Agatha without a prob at all. Afraid the wife would not like a months vacation in the truck. sigh.

I'll hold you to that offer Kim.

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
jlaird said:
My wifes new tow car is an Acura, bummer that. Yep my truck will tow Miss Agatha without a prob at all. Afraid the wife would not like a months vacation in the truck. sigh.

I'll hold you to that offer Kim.
Just let me know where you are at when you get there. I used the work on appliances for Sears and ran that area quite regularly. Highlands is about 60 miles from here in Arden (South Asheville)and takes about 1 1/2 hours to get there from here. You are going to wish you had miss Agatha, you can't find a road up there that is straight for more than 50 feet. I hope to have the time to get the new tires put on my midget by then and that would make a good break in ride.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
JAck, And I can tell you about the early 5 Speeds and 5 trannys that went into my 2000 TL. Last one replaced by Acura at 150k. All gratis of course. They made it right for me. Loaner every time. That car now has 293k on it and just humming along.