• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I'm beginning to evaluate this:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The "standard" 105E adapted to the Elan can get up to 45 MPG.... I have multiple blocks here, and enuff bits to build three engines. My latest brane flatulence is to assemble a rock-stock twin-cam for the beast, put the whole thing back into th' same trim it was when it left Hethel.

lotuslover

Sounds like a plan! Looking at what Elan's are selling for I can't imagine going back to stock is any sort of financial risk.

GeeBee1

Jedi Knight
Doc

I see a bug flying wirely into the driveway during mis of tis.

Country flag
DrEntropy said:
The "standard" 105E adapted to the Elan can get up to 45 MPG....

I've generally found that my engines are more capable of higher MPGs than my driving is.... :devilgrin: :yesnod:

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Ain't THAT th' truth!

I've suddenly taken to seeing a dollar sign on the Alfa tach at four grand. It has made an amazing difference. :smirk:

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I may get to a point where there's a "spare" engine, assembled with a more radical setup, in reserve...

We'll see.