• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Great day in Sp Cal

stretchit2

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
To All,

Last Sunday was a great day in So Cal and I had a chance to wash my car. Afterwhich I took out my camera and did some Kodacing. Below is a link to the pictures.

Black Car on a Sunny Day

Thanks for indulging me.

Stretch

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Nice car ya got there. Do you ever make it down to Palos Verdes for the little gatherings?

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
Nice photos, I envy the CA weather this time of the year. My first car ('60 BN7) was black with red interior, now I wish I left it that color.

OP
stretchit2

stretchit2

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Greg,

I am aware of the Palos Verdes gathering but I haven't got down there yet. I do go to the La Canada Cars and Coffee event which is a nice way to spend an hour or two on a Saturday Morning. How often does the Palos Verdes event occur, and is there a particular weekend that is a "British Car" Weekend?

Stretch

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
It is every month, third Sunday around 9AM I think (it might start earlier). It started out as a SoCal Healey club event but other makes are showing up now. Not a huge gathering 8 to 24ish cars depending on weather.

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The RPV is a great meet, hosted by nice folks, and a terrific drive down the coast... Greg, haven't seen your avatarmobile there, and I've been going the past couple/three years. I'm in the tatty original TR3....

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
mrv8q said:
Greg, haven't seen your avatarmobile there,
lol, you won't. That was a photoshop job I did to antagonize my dad. He gave me the Healey years ago and would rib me every time we talked on the phone. "So when am I getting the Healey back?" So I took a stock photo off the internet, put the flames and spoiler on it and overlayed it on a photo of the front of my house. Then sent him the photo saying "The cars done, when do you want to pick it up?"

P.S. I'll look for you on Feb 20th. I'll be driving a silver M coupe.

Country flag
///M Coupes are respectable, though my wife's been known to get fed up when there's too many littering the drive...

ipc_001.jpg

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
They're like cockroaches .You tryin to convince somebody they are fast????---Keoke-- :laugh:

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Nope, don't need to do no convincin'. Just looked like Randy's wife opened the garage door and they scurried in to get out of the light.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
:lol:-----Keoke

RAC68

Darth Vader
100_0541.JPG

Boy, washing the car…..!!!! With over 50” of snow to date and a big storm coming Tuesday, I would be lucky to get my Healey out of the garage by late April. Over the years I have found at least 1 day per month when I could take a drive to get the lubricants moving. Not this year.

Let me express my jealousy when reading of your beautiful weather and great drives. My time will come … soon I hope. Please keep the good times coming as the continuous winter snows (especially without skies) can get awfully depressing and its nice to be reminded.

All the best,
Ray (64BJ8P1)

Country flag
Same here Ray. I can usually find a day a month were the roads are fairly free of salt (not unusual to get a break in the weather where it rains enough to wash the salt away) but not this year.

About a month ago, I "saw" my Healey, when I took a completed customer's car over and stuck it in the same garage the Healey's been hole'd up in :frown:

IMG_6044.sized.jpg

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Ah yes, the joys of living in coastal Carolina - other than hurricane season-as had the BN6 out yesterday in 60 degree weather. And to top that, it is almost 70 today and getting ready to take a drive in a few !!!!! Of course, this summer when some of y'all up north are out and about driving around I will be inside with the a/c on as it's too d.... hot to take the Healey out.
Happy Healeying,
Mike

RAC68

Darth Vader
Mike, It would be wonderful if it were balanced, however, this past summer it was the hottest on record with many many many consecutive days well above 95F. It did, however, help me to prove my Healey's cooling modifications.

Think Warm/Keep Cool,
Ray (64BJ8P1)