• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Great experience with classic car insurer

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Not sure if this is correct place to post but had to pass on my great experience with Heacock Classic Car Insurance. Many of us have never made a claim with our classic car insurance so it is an unknown area when we finally have to get something critical done. We may have read about someone else and their experience but now it's our turn to see how things go. Had a minor accident with my Healey that resulted with the left front headlamp area being squashed and pushed in about an inch or so. Got the fender and the shroud so both had to be repaired. My paint is 13 years old and was more concerned about matching the Reno red than getting the repair done. Used a good body and paint shop and did a perfect job on the metal work. Called in PPG to help them match the paint and even using a PPG paint rep, could not perfectly match the red. Painted entire front half of the car- including the louvered hood which is a pain to paint -and were preparing to blend in with the back half at the rear fender point on both sides. My 100M is red over black so really just top of doors and top of rear fenders. I was concerned about the rear shroud possibly not being a perfect match so told the painter to go ahead and paint all of the red. I had removed all trim, beading, etc prior to taking the Healey in. Sent the repair cost addendum into Heacock stressing the difficulty in matching the paint and my concerns with same, and they paid everything. No questions, hesitancy or anything. Simply paid the difference from the original estimate and I could not be more pleased. Obviously highly recommend Heacock !
Regards,
Mike

stevebn2bj7

Jedi Warrior
Good to hear that. I was with them for a year(or rather American Modern who underwrites their policies) and found some exclusions in the policy that were unsettling. Called American Modern a few times and the answers provided did not comfort me. Went back to Hagerty. Good to hear they are a quality provider.

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
Speaking of classic car insurance...does anyone know of a insurance company that will insure our classic cars if we decide to take a Road trip out of state?

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Speaking of classic car insurance...does anyone know of a insurance company that will insure our classic cars if we decide to take a Road trip out of state?

I've never heard of a restriction wherein the insurance is only valid in your home state. Are there really policies like that?

I have Hagerty and they insured even leaving the country (to Canada) with the car, no problem.

stevebn2bj7

Jedi Warrior
I would like to see the exclusion that you can only drive in state. No auto policy I know of, classic or otherwise has that kind of restriction. Mexico yes but not the rest of the continent. If yours has that, change.